This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This grilled stuffed squid or inihaw na pusit recipe is simple and straightforward. The result was a tasty and tender grilled squid. The stuffing made the dish more appetizing. I think that the dipping sauce also made a huge difference in making the dish stand out.
If you plan to make this dish, be ready to cook extra servings of rice (unless you are in a weight loss diet). I found the temptation for having extra servings of rice hard to resist. It was probably just me, you might have a better control of yourself than I do.
By the way, I had this with Filipino eggplant salad. The combination was perfect. What do you eat grilled squid with?
Try this Grilled Stuffed Squid (inihaw na pusit) Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- Arrange squid in a bowl. Add soy sauce, mirin, and lime. Marinate for 12 minutes.
- Combine onion, tomato, ginger, salt, and ground black pepper in a bowl.
- Stuff the marinated squid with scallions and onion mixture. Secure the head of the squid using a toothpick to prevent it from falling off.
- Heat the grill and start to grill one side of the squid. Brush annatto oil on top of the squid. Continue to grill for 2 minutes.
- Turn the squid over to grill the opposite side. Brush annatto oil on top. Continue to grill for another 2 minutes. Note: Flip the squid every 2 to 3 minutes until it gets fully cooked. Do not overcook squid as the texture will be tough and rubberlike.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with a dipping sauce composed of chopped onion, tomato, soy sauce, and vinegar.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Make Grilled Stuffed Squid (inihaw na pusit)