Finally, Summer has arrived. I decided to welcome Summer by preparing something that reminds me of what I usually do during this wonderful season; grill. There are several Summer foods that I want to feature and the first that crossed my mind is Inihaw na Pusit or “Grilled Squid” . This dish is very easy to prepare and does not take much of your time to complete.
When I was still in the Philippines, grilling has become a weekly habit. I make sure that I get the best meat or seafood in the market to grill. I also remember some fast food spots in the food court of malls selling this dish (though freshness is questionable sometimes). And yes…how could dampa in Paranaque and even the one in Sea Side in Macapagal slip my mind. They serve the best Inihaw na Pusit in their respective cities. Haven’t tried the Sugba na pusit (I’m not sure if it is called this way, maybe you can help me out) in Cebu and some parts of Mindanao yet but a lot of people who have tried gave it two thumbs up. Are you familiar with the “SuToKil” (Sugba, Towa, Kilaw) ? They say that its a must-try when going to Cebu and Mindanao.
How about you guys? What’s kind of meat or seafood do you love to grill?
Lets grill some Squid !
Inihaw na Pusit Recipe (Grilled Squid)
- 3 pieces medium to large squid cleaned
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- 3 pieces dried Thai chili
- 1/2 piece lemon or 2 pieces calamansi
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a large container, combine onion and tomato
- Add some salt and pepper and mix well.
- Stuff the squid with the onion and tomato mixture. Add more if necessary.
- Grill the squid for 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve hot with dip. Share and Enjoy!