Ginisang Ampalaya is translated as Sauteed Bitter Melon. This Filipino vegetable recipe is one of the healthiest recipes around.
Bitter melon is best known for anti-diabetes effects. It contains a chemical known as insulin-like peptide that is similar in shape and function to animal-produced insulin. Other chemicals, including vicine, in bitter melon may also have blood-sugar lowering effects.
Cooking Ginisang Ampalaya is very easy. However, some people prepare the bitter melon beforehand to eliminate its bitter taste by soaking it in water for a few hours and then squeezing some of its juices. This can release the nutrients of the vegetables, but at least it will be more delightful to eat to hose who cannot too much bitter taste.
Try this healthy Ginisang Ampalaya Recipe and let me know what you think.
- Place the ampalaya in a large bowl
- Add salt and lukewarm water then leave for 5 minutes
- Place the ampalaya in a cheesecloth then squeeze tightly until all liquid drips
- Heat the pan and place the cooking oil
- Saute the garlic, onion, and tomato
- Add the ampalaya mix well with the other ingredients
- Put-in salt and pepper to taste
- Beat the eggs and pour over the ampalaya then let the eggs cook partially
- Mix the egg with the other ingredients
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!