Honey and Balsamic Glazed Mahi mahi is a healthy and delicious choice for lunch. This will even be better if paired with the good stuff such as brown rice and steamed asparagus. I also like the idea of having mushrooms with mixed vegetables on the side. It will make this dish more healthy,
Preparing this dish is simple and quick. All you need is a grill or a grilling pan and some easy to find ingredients — you will enjoy your delicious dish sooner than you imagine.
Do you know that the name “Mahi mahi” is of Hawaiian origin. If I am not mistaken, this fish is called Dorado in some parts of the world, including the Philippines. I also shared a sweet and sour mahi mahi recipe, you should see it too.
Try this Honey and Balsamic Glazed Mahi mahi recipe. Let me know what you think.
Honey and Balsamic Glazed Mahi-mahi
- 4 5 oz. mahi-mahi fillets
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- Melted butter for brushing salmon
- Combine the mustard powder, salt, and ground black pepper in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Microwave the honey for 15 to 20 seconds and then mix with balsamic vinegar. Stir to mix.
- Rub the salt, pepper, and mustard mixture all over each mahi mahi fillet.
- Brush the top with the honey and balsamic vinegar mixture.
- Heat the grill and then grill each side of the fish in medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes while basting with the honey mixture.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with brown rice and steamed asparagus.
- Share and enjoy!