Crispy Fried Mahi Mahi Sarciado
It is nice and sunny today here in West Palm Beach, Florida. The weather is almost the same as that of Manila, which makes it suitable to fry fish outside. This was the reason why I decided to make this Crispy Fried Mahi Mahi Sarciado. I also thought that this is a good way to make…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
It is nice and sunny today here in West Palm Beach, Florida. The weather is almost the same as that of Manila, which makes it suitable to fry fish outside. This was the reason why I decided to make this Crispy Fried Mahi Mahi Sarciado. I also thought that this is a good way to make the most out of our stay here because we are flying back home to Chicago soon. It will be challenging for me to do the same because of the single digit temperature .
Crispy Fried Mahi Mahi Sarciado is not your regular fish sarciado dish. Aside from using fish fillet, I also made sure that there is a bit of texture in the dish, so I coated it with flour and deep fried it until crispy. The sauce, which is composed of chopped tomato, onion, and bell pepper, was poured over the Mahi mahi before serving it.
There is nothing fancy about this dish. In fact, this is an easy dish to cook which I recommend to those of you who are just starting their culinary journey. As long as you follow the detailed steps in the recipe below, you should be alright.
What do you eat Crispy Fried Mahi Mahi Sarciado with? The first thing that comes to mind is rice, of course. It can be steamed white rice, brown rice, and even wild rice. You can also have this with vegetables on the side. Since I am thinking something Filipino, I would like this with boiled okra and eggplant with just enough bagoong , How about you?
Try this Crispy Fried Mahi Mahi Sarciado Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Crispy Fried Mahi Mahi Sarciado
- 1 lb. Mahi Mahi fillet
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cooking oil
- 3 ripe Roma tomato sliced into small cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion minced
- 1 small red bell pepper minced
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Rub garlic salt all over the Mahi Mahi fillets. Let it stay for 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 cups oil in a deep cooking pot.
- While the oil is heating-up, dredge the fish in all-purpose flour. Shake off any excess flour.
- Deep fry in medium heat until the outer part turns crispy and medium brown. Note: this can take up to 8 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the pot. Let the excess oil drip. Arrange in a plate.
- Prepare the sauce by heating olive oil in a cooking pot or saucepan.
- Saute onion and tomato until both becomes soft. Cover the pot. Continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour vegetable broth (or water). Add egg and garlic salt. Stir and continue to cook until the egg starts to curdle.
- Pour the sauce over the fried Mahi Mahi. serve with your favorite side dish.
- Share and enjoy!
Leave a Comment