This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Do you have an idea for your Tilapia Fillet? Try to do something interesting to it, like making this Baked Tilapia with Grilled Pineapple Salsa.
In some cases, fish can taste boring if served the same way all the time. Dressing-up your tilapia dinner is a sure way to refresh your taste buds and enjoy your food. Also, try adding colorful and tasty sides to help you boost your appetite.
I made this delicious tilapia dish from frozen tilapia fillets that were sitting in the freezer for 3 days now. I have this habit of buying ingredients that I don’t immediately need. As a result, I tend to come-up with ways to consume those ingredients before they become stale. I know that we are all trying to save money on groceries, but there are times when my hoarding instincts prevail.
The best thing that I like about this fish recipe is the balance of flavor. Combining baked fish with pineapple salsa satisfied my taste buds right after my first bite.
Give this Baked Tilapia with Grilled Pineapple Salsa a try. Enjoy!
- 3 to 4 pieces tilapia fillets
- 6 ounces sliced pineapple
- 1/3 cup tomato diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 piece Jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grill the pineapple slices for about 3 minutes per side.
- Cube the grilled pineapple and combine with tomato, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush tilapia fillets with cooking oil then sprinkle some salt, pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Place an aluminum foil over a baking tray and coat with cooking oil.
- Arrange the tilapia over the baking tray then bake for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer the baked tilapia to a serving dish then place the pineapple salsa mixture on the side.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!