How to Make Fondant
Fondant is often a confusing word because it has different meanings in different circles. Fondant can be the sweet frosting or dough used to decorate cakes. On the other hand, fondant also refers to a tasty pudding that many enjoy as a dessert. It is learning how to make fondant pudding that is of particular…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Fondant is often a confusing word because it has different meanings in different circles. Fondant can be the sweet frosting or dough used to decorate cakes. On the other hand, fondant also refers to a tasty pudding that many enjoy as a dessert. It is learning how to make fondant pudding that is of particular interest to cooks. Learn a simple recipe for this holiday favorite and how it affects your health.
What is Fondant Made of?
Fondant pudding is usually made from eggs, flour, sugar and chocolate. While some fondant is fluid, other types of fondant desserts are solid on the outside and gooey on the inside. The second type of fondant is preferred because it can be divided into servings with more ease. In addition to the basic ingredients, you may add milk, as well as your own flavoring and sauces.
Effects of Fondant on Your Health
As you might have guessed, fondant pudding is quite sweet and potentially fattening when eaten in excess. However, there are ways to make this dessert a little healthier. Modern chefs substitute milk chocolate with dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is a healthier choice because it is loaded with antioxidants. Antioxidants in chocolate have several health benefits from preventing heart disease to improving your mood.
It is also advisable to keep fondant flavoring as minimal as possible. Although adding ingredients like caramel sauce and ice cream can enhance the taste, it is not good for your waistline. Another health tip is to choose homemade butter instead of store-bought. Homemade butter, when made right, can have less saturated fat and contain nutrients like calcium and vitamin D. learn how to make fondant with healthier ingredients to protect your health.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
How to Make Fondant
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- First, grease 4-6 molding cups with butter and refrigerate until chilled. Apply another coat of butter and set aside. Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Melt dark chocolate and butter. You can either melt them over low heat or by holding a bowl with ingredients over a pot of boiling water. Ensure that water does not touch the bowl.
- Once melted, grab a fresh bowl and combine eggs, yolks and sugar. Whisk vigorously to combine. Stir the flour in slowly until the mixture is thick. If it’s too thick, add one more egg.
- Stir melted chocolate butter into the egg-flour mixture slowly, mixing after every small addition. Pour the fondant carefully into molds and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Bake fondant fro 12 minutes or until it starts to separate from the side of the moulds. A crust should have formed on top. Gently loosen the fondant and tip it out of the moulds onto plates. Serve.
Knowing how to make fondant comes in handy when preparing desserts for family and friends. It is a rich treat with plenty of taste and texture. Opt for dark chocolate for the many antioxidants it contains that can benefit your health.
If you like chocolates like I do, you may also want to try chocolate cupcake with cream cheese frosting. Cheers!
Leave a Comment