Kinamatisang Baka is a simple beef soup composed of beef neck bones, lots of ripe tomato, snake beans, and sweet potato leaves. It inexpensive and simply delicious.
How to Cook Kinamatisang Baka
This dish is probably one of the easiest that you will make. It is also budget-friendly and delicious.
Start by tenderizing the meat on the neck bone by boiling. Do this by boiling water in a cooking pot. Add the beef neck bones and continue boiling for 60 to 90 minutes. We all know that boiling makes meat tender. It also extracts flavors from the bones. It is important to get rid of the scums that you see floating during the process. Simply scoop it with a spoon and discard.
Once the beef tenderizes, separate it from the beef stock by removing the beef neck bones from the pot and placing it on a clean plate. Also transfer the stock to bowl.
Start to saute garlic and onion on the same pot. Add tomatoes. Cook until onion and tomato gets tender.
Time to put the beef next bones back into the pot. I usually saute this for a couple of minutes before pouring the beef stock back into the pot. Let the stock boil and then add a piece of Knorr Beef Cube. This is where the magic happens. The soup becomes more flavorful at this point. Continue boiling for 2 to 5 minutes.
Season with pastis and ground black pepper and finish by adding the vegetables. The snake beans (sitaw) goes first. Cook it for at least 5 minutes. Add the sweet potato leaves next.
This can be served as a main dish for either lunch or dinner. It is best eaten with warm white rice. I also love having this with a saucer of spicy patis as a condiment.
Try this simple and easy kinamatisang baka recipe. Let me know what you think.
- Pour water in a cooking pot. Add beef. Let boil. Continue boiling for 60 to 890 minutes or until the meat tenderizes.
- Remove the beef from the pot. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute onion and garlic. Add tomato. Cook until onion and tomato softens.
- Put the beef neck bones into the pot. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in beef stock (water used to tenderize beef). Let boil.
- Add Knorr Beef Cube. Stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with patis and ground black pepper.
- Add sitaw. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potato leaves (dahon ng kamote). Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve hot with rice.
Watch How to Cook Kinamatisang Baka