This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Leche Puto or Puto Flan is a combination of Leche Flan and Puto. This is a type of dessert, as far as I am concerned because it is sweet and tastes like a native version of custard cake. I liked it a lot, but I had to control myself because it is so rich and sweet.
This version is made of creamy leche flan, which is really a combination of egg yolks and condensed milk. The puto or steamed bun balances the flavor. I made the puto using the puto cheese recipe less the cheese. I wanted this to be easy and quick, so I made sure that ingredients are not too many and the procedure is not complicated. I think that I was able to achieve my plan.
We will be having this leche puto as a dessert for new year’s eve dinner along with cassava cake. We will also be having lechon belly, steamed lobster and king crab legs, seafood paella, and lengua in white mushroom sauce. This is a day celebration to welcome the new year. Kain po tayo.
Try this easy Leche Puto Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 6 cups water for steamining
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- ¾ cup fresh milk or evaporated milk
- 7 egg yolks
- 1 14 oz. can condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour water in a steamer of pot. Bring to a boil.
- Make the leche flan by beating the egg yolks. Gradually add the condensed milk while whisking and then continue to whisk until the texture becomes smooth. Add the vanilla extract. Whisk until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Fill half of each puto mold with the leche flan mixture. Arrange in a steamer. Steam for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the steamer and let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the puto mixture by combining all-purpose flour, sugar, and baking powder in a clean bowl. Mix well using a wire whisk. Gradually pour the milk while whisking and continue until the texture becomes smooth.
- Pour the puto mixture over the steamed leche flan.
- Arrange in a steamer and then steam for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Take the leche puto out of the steamer. Let cool.
- Remove from the mold and arrange in a plate.
- Serve for dessert. Share and Enjoy!