Even the best lechon manok won’t be complete without lechon manok sauce. This is a simple recipe for lechon manok sauce that you can have with your homemade rotisserie chicken. It is simple and has that yummy taste of traditional pinoy lechon sauce.
Before we start, you will need a blender or food processor for this recipe. I am using an immersion blender in the demonstration, but regular blender would be enough to puree the sauce to make it smooth.
I used chicken liver for this sauce recipe. The liver was baked in the oven for 15 minutes and then sautéed with garlic and onion. Water is added and the then the entire mixture is pureed until smooth.
I like this sauce because it has so many uses. The primary purpose is to have it with lechon manok. You can even dip lechon kawali and chicharon bagnet in it. I was also able to make lechon paksiw using the recipe and it was so deliciously tasty.
Try this Lechon Manok Sauce Recipe. Enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Make Lechon Manok Sauce
Lechon Manok Sauce Recipe
- 1 lb. chicken liver
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 10 to 12 tablespoons white vinegar
- 8 to 10 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 piece chicken cube optional
- 7 to 10 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Bake the chicken liver fin 350F for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Chop into smaller pieces and then set aside.
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Sauté the garlic and onion when the oil starts to get hot. Cook for 2 minutes
- Add the baked chicken liver. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Pour the water in the pot. Let boil.
- Using a hand blender, puree the mixture. You can also pour the mixture in a regular blender and puree until the texture becomes smooth.
- Let the mixture boil. Pour the vinegar in and then let the mixture boil once more.
- Stir and add the brown sugar.
- Add salt and pepper. You may add more if needed. Stir.
- Stir-in the bread crumbs. Continue to cook in medium heat while stirring using a wire whisk until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Add the chicken cube (optional). Continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a sauce bowl. Serve with lechon manok.
- Share and enjoy!