I was able to take some Lechon leftovers from the birthday party that we’ve been to last night and I plan to make some Lechon Paksiw out of it. The most important ingredient in making Lechon Paksiw other than the Lechon itself or the Lechon kawali is the Lechon Sauce (which is also called Sarsa ng Lechon).
I can easily get some commercialized bottled Lechon sauce from the Asian grocery but I thought that I can save some money if I just make it myself.
Making Lechon sauce is not as complicated as most of you might be thinking. With the complete ingredients and proper kitchen equipment on hand, you will find this procedure to be a piece of cake (wink).
Try this recipe and let me know what you think.
Lechon Sauce Recipe
- Heat a pan and put-in the bacon fat or cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, sauté the garlic and onions until the texture becomes soft.
- Put-in the liver paste and cook for about 5 minutes in medium heat while stirring.
- Add the vinegar and bring to a boil. Stir for a minute.
- Pour-in water and bring to a boil.
- Stir-in the brown sugar and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the breadcrumbs and cook for another 2 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat and allow the sauce to cool down.
- Place the sauce in a blender then blend for a minute.
- Transfer the sauce in a serving bowl.
- Serve along with Lechon. Share and enjoy!