Panlasang Pinoy Bibingkang Galapong is my version of bibingka that makes use of grains of glutinous and Jasmine rice. This is different from my previous bibingka recipe which involved the use of powdered rice. I liked how this recipe turned out; its texture is a little bit heavier compared to regular bibingka, but it is soft (not chewy), rich, and delightful.I enjoyed eating this as an afternoon snack with a cup of coffee.
This bibingkang galapong relies heavily on a food processor. All I did was to soak the rice in water overnight to make it softer and combined all the ingredients in my food processor, cranked it up until the mixture turns smooth, and baked it. Aside from a food processor, this will also work using a blender.
I hope that you will like this recipe like I did. It is best to eat it a few minutes after baking for best results. By the way, Christmas season is just around the corner. This will make a perfect treat. I usually have this for breakfast after simbang gabi (if I am not having puto bumbong). Aside from coffee, it also goes well with a drink of hot chocolate.
Try this Panlasang Pinoy Bibingkang Galapong Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Panlasang Pinoy Bibingkang Galapong
- 1/4 cup glutinous rice malagkit
- 1/2 cup Jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/4 cup coconut cream kakang gata
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 370F (188C).
- Combine glutionous and Jasmine rice in a bowl. Pour water into it and let it soak overnight.
- Drain remaining water. Pour the soaked rice into a food processor and add coconut cream. Cover and turn the unit on. Continue until the mixure becomes smooth.
- Add eggs, salt, sugar, baking powder, and 4 tablespoons of melted butter. Cover and activate the food processor for 1 to 2 minutes or until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Line a clean piece of pre-cut fresh banana leaf over a round baking pan (9" diameter). Pour the mixture into the pan. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down. Tranfer to a plate. Brush the remaining butter on top and sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese (you can also use shredded coconut).
- Serve with a cup of coffee. Share and enjoy!