Panlasang Pinoy Spaghetti is my Pinoy version of spaghetti. It is yummy, easy to cook, and just right for the Filipino taste. If you love Jollibee spaghetti, then this is something new to try. I am sure that you will like it.
We all know that the secret ingredient for delicious Pinoy spaghetti is banana ketchup. However, it is also important to understand that the meat plays a big role. It should have full flavor for the dish to be tasty. I am using ground pork for this recipe. It costs lower than ground beef. I also used beef cube (or beef bouillon). This ingredient enhances the spaghetti sauce by making it very flavorful. I think that the combination of ground pork and beef cube is perfect for this dish.
The perfect Filipino spaghetti should not be all banana ketchup. It should also have a tomato-based sauce to provide that rich tomato taste. I do not think that a spaghetti sauce made from 100% banana ketchup will be as enjoyable as this version. However, I do understand how some spaghetti versions ended up that way.
Preparing this Panlasang Pinoy Spaghetti is very easy. The initial step is to cook the spaghetti according to package instructions. Note that I added half a teaspoon of salt in boiling water before cooking the pasta, this provides more flavor when absorbed. The cooked spaghetti is drained and arranged in individual plates. The next step is to make the sweet spaghetti sauce. This involves ground pork, hotdogs, and my trusted beef cube to provide that nice beefy flavor. The sauce is then poured over the spaghetti and finished with some grated cheddar cheese on top.
Try this Panlasang Pinoy Spaghetti recipe. Let me know what you think!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Panlasang Pinoy Spaghetti
Panlasang Pinoy Spaghetti
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 2 8oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 3 oz. can potted meat
- 1 Knorr beef cube
- 1 1/4 cups banana ketchup
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 pieces sliced hotdog
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup water
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Start to make the spaghetti sauce by heating the oil in a cooking pot.
- Sauté the onion and garlic and continue to cook until the onion gets soft.
- Add the ground pork. Cook until the color turns light brown.
- Add the hotdog and potted meat. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the tomato sauce and water. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Add Knorr beef cube. Cover and cook in low to medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Stir-in the banana ketchup and add the sugar. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper
- Arrange a serving of spaghetti in a plate. Top with a generous amount of spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!