Papis is a simple beef stew dish that makes use of beef and a can of pork and beans. The beef is sautéed with garlic and onions and then simmered until tender. The can of pork and beans is added at the end to add some texture and flavor to the dish. I would say…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Papis is a simple beef stew dish that makes use of beef and a can of pork and beans. The beef is sautéed with garlic and onions and then simmered until tender. The can of pork and beans is added at the end to add some texture and flavor to the dish.
I would say that Papis is a good dish. You will love it if you are a fan of pork and beans because it tastes like an enhanced version of it. Papis can be eaten with rice or bread — or simply by itself. I enjoy papis with a couple pieces of pandesal. I usually eat papis for breakfast, although this is something that should be served as a main dish during lunch or dinner time.
Aside from beef (sirloin) and pork and beans, a more authentic papis recipe utilizes beef tendon. I decided not too add it in this recipe because tendons take a long time to tenderize. Since I am cooking this dish for breakfast, it won’t be practical for me to add tendons. However, you can always add tendons when you make papis. Tendons should be sautéed with the beef and should be simmered for at least 3 hours.
Try this Papis Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
- 2 lbs. beef sirloin cubed
- 1 16 oz. can pork and beans
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- 2 cups beef stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep cooking pot or Dutch oven.
- Saute the garlic and onion.
- When the onion becomes soft, add the cubed beef.
- Brown the beef and then pour-in the beef broth or beef stock. Let it boil. Cover and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes. Add water, if needed.
- Put-in the pork and beans. Stir and cook in medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Leave a Comment