Beef Asado is a tomato based beef dish that originated from Central Luzon. This is an awesome recipe that you can prepare during ordinary days. Note that this dish is different from the Sweet Chinese Pork Asado.
The cut of the beef that you will use plays an important role in the success of this dish. Lean parts are good, but it is better to use cuts with marbles of fat. This will make the dish juicy and more enjoyable. As good as this might get, always remember to consume this dish in moderation.
Sometimes I get tired of using regular potato — be it of different variety. This is the reason why I used thick pre-cut potato fries for this recipe. You do not need to purchase this ingredient if it’s not in your freezer. Regular baking potato will do. It just happened that we have a bag of fries sitting in the freezer for the kids.
Try this Beef Asado Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Beef Asado Recipe
- 3 lbs. beef brisket or chuck thinly sliced
- 1 cup uncooked thick potato fries
- 1 large yellow onion minced
- 1 6 oz. can tomato sauce
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the olive oil.
- Sauté the onion until it becomes soft.
- Add the beef. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put-in the garlic powder soy sauce, lemon juice, tomato sauce, and water. Stir and let boil.
- Add the bay leaves and simmer for 40 to 60 minutes (add water as necessary).
- Add the potato fries. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve!
- Share and enjoy!