Party Fried Chicken
Party Fried Chicken is the name that I can think of for delicious fried chicken that has a perfect texture. There seems to be a party going-on in my mouth with every bite. I tried to play around to come-up with a crisp and nice coating and I think that Panko bread crumbs mixed with…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Party Fried Chicken is the name that I can think of for delicious fried chicken that has a perfect texture. There seems to be a party going-on in my mouth with every bite. I tried to play around to come-up with a crisp and nice coating and I think that Panko bread crumbs mixed with regular bread crumbs and cornstarch is a good combination.
This Party Fried Chicken recipe requires the chicken pieces to be marinated for at least 3 hours. It is important that the chicken absorbs the flavor before frying. For best results, marinating overnight is recommended.
Since we are using breadcrumbs for this recipe, make sure that you control the heat of the oil to medium (around 300 to 320F) before frying the chicken. Increasing the temperature of the oil will quickly brown the coating, but will leave the inside raw. It will be great if you have a cooking thermometer, otherwise control your heat between low to medium.
When it comes to fried chicken dip, I only think of 2: gravy and ketchup. I tried both for this recipe and it both came out great. Here is a link for out KFC style gravy recipe if you want to test it.
Try this Party Fried Chicken Recipe. Let me know what you think, okay?
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Party Fried Chicken
- 2 lbs. chicken cut into serving pieces
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup regular bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup sherry cooking wine
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cups cooking oil
- In a bowl, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, sherry, and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Arrang the chicken in a resealable bag. Pour-in the soy sauce mixture. Let all the air out of the bag and seal. Marinate the chicken for at least 3 hours. Note: It is recommended to marinate overnight
- Pour the cooking oil in a cooking pot. Apply heat.
- Meanwhile, combine Panko with regular bread crumbs and cornstarh in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Place the beaten eggs in a bowl. Dip the marinated chicken sliced in the beaten eggs, then roll over the bowl with breadcrumbs and cornstarch. Make sure that the chicken is fully coated.
- While the oil is hot (300F), but not smoking hot, slowy put-in the coated chicken. Fry for 15 minutes per side in low to medium heat. Note: do not increase the heat as it will quickly burn the crumbs leaving the inside of the chicken raw.
- Remove the party fried chicken from the cooking pot. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the oil.
- Arrange in a serving plate. Serve with your gravy of ketchup.
- Share and enjoy!
Leave a Comment