This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Fettuccine Alfredo is a pasta dish similar to that of pasta alla carbonara and traditionally made from fettuccine pasta, tossed with Parmesan cheese, and butter. Since its debut in the US, several variations were made that almost deviated from the original recipe. Eggs, flour, olive oil, and Asiago cheese were sometimes added for a twist in flavor and to add more richness.
This particular recipe is inspired by Olive Garden’s special Alfredo sauce. You might notice that there is no butter involved in this recipe but the texture and taste is really rich and flavorful. I also added some bacon bits to push this up to the next level. Prosciutto can also be used as an alternative to bacon.
This easy recipe can easily be prepare in the comfort of your own home. Simple follow the recipe below and watch the cooking video as a guide to help you in the cooking process. Happy cooking and enjoy your meal!
Try this Fettuccine Alfredo recipe. Send me your feedback.
- 1 lb fettuccine cooked according to package instructions
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese shredded
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 pieces fried bacon crumbled (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the fettuccine according to package instructions
- Heat a saucepan or cooking pot and pour-in the milk then bring to a boil
- Add the heavy whipping cream and stir then let boil.
- Adjust the heat to the lowest possible then add the Parmesan and Romano cheeses. Stir continuously until cheese melts and the texture of the mixture becomes fine.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a mixing bowl then add about 5 tablespoons of the milk-cheese mixture. Continue whisking until everything is well distributed.
- Add the egg yolk mixture in the saucepan/cooking pot and stir until the texture becomes thick.
- Add the cooked fettuccine and toss until the noodles are well covered with sauce.
- Add the crumbled fried bacon, salt, and pepper and mix with the other ingredients.
- Transfer to a serving plate then serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch the video on How to Cook Fetuccine Alfredo