This rotini chicken alfredo recipe is a variation of the chicken pasta alfredo recipe . This makes use of rotini pasta. These are corkscrew shaped or twisted pasta that are made of wheat flour.
So, why am I posting pasta recipes that are non-Asian in nature? The answer is simple and quite understandable: Panlasang Pinoy (or the Filipino Palate) does not center on authentic Filipino foods alone. While it is assumed that all of our dishes presented here are Filipino or Asian in origin, sometimes there are non-Asian dishes that Filipinos adore. I want to share them with everyone. We cannot stop our Filipino palate from liking other foods, could we?
As a nation of food lovers, it is our right to explore different cuisines and tailor the dishes that we liked to our own preference just like this Chicken Alfredo Recipe.
Try this Rotini Chicken Alfredo recipe and see or yourself. Happy Cooking!
Note: You can refer to our Fetuccine Alfredo Recipe for the video on how to properly make the sauce.
Rotini Chicken Alfredo Recipe
- 1 pound Rotini cooked according to package instructions
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts diced
- 1 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese shredded
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the rotini according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat a saucepan or cooking pot and pour-in the milk then bring to a boil
- Add the heavy whipping cream and stir then let boil.
- Adjust the heat to low and add the Parmesan and Romano cheeses. Stir continuously until mixture becomes fine.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a mixing bowl then add about 5 tablespoons of the milk and cheese mixture. Continue whisking until all the ingredients are distributed.
- Add the remaining egg yolk mixture and stir until the texture is thick. Set Aside.
- Heat a skillet and pour-in butter.
- Sauté the chicken for 3 to 5 minutes or until the color turns light brown. Add thyme at the middle of the cooking time.
- Pour-in the Alfredo sauce (this is the sauce that you made by following steps 2 to 6) and stir. Cook for a minute then turn off the heat and set aside.
- Arrange the rotini in a serving plate and top with the Alfredo sauce and chicken.
- Serve. Share and Enjoy!