This is a version of Filipino curry with pork and chicken. I call it Pinoy pork and chicken curry. It is rich, tasty, and yummy. Enjoy this dish with warm white rice. You can also put some spice into it by adding chili peppers.
Have you tried our chicken curry recipe yet? If you liked it, you’ll enjoy this dish for sure.
How to Cook Pork and Chicken Curry
I started by preparing the potato and chicken. The recipe calls for both ingredients to be pan-fried. Doing this helps improve its texture. Note that it only takes at least a minute to pan fry each side of the said ingredients. It does not need to get cooked thoroughly. We’ll have a chance to do that in the last steps.
The pork takes a while to tenderize. This is the reason why it needs to be cooked separately from the chicken. I am cooking these proteins in sequence. The pork needs to be tender first, before adding the pan-fried chicken into the mix.
Saute the aromatics (oniion, garlic, and ginger) until the onion softens. Add the pork afterwards. Cook until light brown and then pour-in coconut milk. We will boil the pork in coconut milk using low to medium heat. Don’t forget to add a piece of Knorr Pork Cube so that our dish will have that solid pork flavor.
The chicken goes into the pot once the pork tenderizes. I usually cook it for 15 to 18 minutes. Add the veggies all together and cook for 5 minutes.
This is perfect to serve during special occasions. You can also prepare this for the upcoming holidays.
Try this Pork and Chicken Curry Recipe. Have fun cooking!
Pinoy Style Pork and Chicken Curry
- 1 lb. chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1 lb. pork belly cubed
- 1 piece Knorr Pork Cube
- 1 piece potato cubed
- 1 piece red bell pepper sliced
- 1 piece green bell pepper sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3/4 cup green peas frozen
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 thumb ginger minced
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3/4 cup water as needed
- Patis and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat oil in a coking pot.
- Pan-fry potato for 1 minute per side. Remove from the pot and place in a clean plate.
- Pan-fry chicken for 1 to 1 ½ minute per side. Remove and set aside.
- Using the remaining oil, saute onion, garlic, and ginger.
- Once the onion softens, add pork. Cook until outer part turns light brown.
- Pour-in coconut milk. Let boil.
- Add Knorr Pork Cube. Stir. Cover the pot and boil pork using low to medium heat until tender. Add water as needed.
- Put the pan-fried chicken into the pot. Cook for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Add pan-fried potato, bell peppers, and green peas. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with patis and ground black pepper. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.