This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pork Burger Steak with Mushroom Gravy Recipe is the next level burger steak. The burger patty is moist and tasty, while the mushroom gravy is rich and delicious. This goes perfect over mashed potato or as a topping for rice.
How to Make Pork Burger Steak with Mushroom Gravy
The burger steak patties are easy to make. Simply combine the ground pork with the seasonings such as garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and ground black pepper. Add a piece of egg and then mix everything together. You’ll notice that the mixture will be somewhat wet afterwards. Not a problem, this is what the breadcrumbs are for. It should absorb the excess liquid. Add breadcrumbs and mix until all ingredients are well blended.
Mold the mixture into balls. Press the molded balls until a disk shape is formed. Your pork burger steak patties are ready to cook.
Pan-fry the first side for 4 minutes between low to medium heat. Don’t forget to cover the pan to trap the steam inside. This will speed-up the cooking process. It also helps retain moisture. Flip it over and fry the other side for around 2 minutes. Pour water (around a quarter of a cup), cover the pan again, and steam for 3 minutes. You can also fry it longer afterwards for a nice texture.
Mushroom gravy makes this dish more interesting. It adds flavor and gives the pork burger additional love. Start by melting butter in a pan. Once the butter starts to bubble, add the mushrooms and cook for 30 seconds. Gradually put-in the flour while stirring. We are basically making brown roux in this process. Continue cooking the mixture while constantly stirring until the color is brown enough. Pour water and stir. Continue stirring until the sauce is smooth. Note: you can also use a wire whisk if needed.
Add the Knorr Pork Cube to give the gravy that nice pork flavor. This should complete everything.
Arrange the pork burger patties on a clean serving plate and then pour the mushroom gravy over. Sprinkle some chopped scallions and serve.
Try this Pork Burger Steak with Mushroom Gravy Recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground pork
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 piece egg
- 1 piece Knorr Pork Cube
- 4 ounces button mushroom sliced
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ¼ cups water
- Make the burger patty by combining ground pork, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, ground black pepper, and egg in a large bowl. Mix well. Add breadcrumbs. Continue mixing until all ingredients are well blended.
- Scoop around 1/3 cup mixture and roll into a ball-shaped figure. Flatten it into a patty.Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons cooking oil in a pan. Put the patties and fry for 4 minutes using low to medium heat. Cover the pan while frying to trap the steam inside.
- Flip the pork burger patties. Continue frying the other side for 2 minutes. Add ¼ cup water. Cover and steam for 3 minutes. Remove the patties from the pan and place in a clean plate. Note. Perform the same steps until all pork burgers are cooked.
- Make the mushroom gravy by melting butter in a pan.
- Add mushroom and then cook for 30 seconds. Gradually add the flour while continuously stirring. Cook in low to medium heat until the color turns brown (around 10 to 12 minutes).
- Gradually pour the water into the pot while stirring the mixture. Continue stirring until the gravy becomes smooth.
- Once the gravy boils, add Knorr Pork Cube. Stir until it completely dissolves.
- Arrange the pork burger patties on a serving plate. Top with mushroom gravy and chopped green onions. Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
Watch How to Cook Pork Burger Steak with Mushroom Gravy