There are many ways to cook fried chicken. This version is quick and simple. The overall flavor caters to the Filipino palette. It has a hint of “toyomansi”, and can be flavorful despite the short marinating time. As far as the texture is concerned, it is crispy on the outside, while tender and juicy inside.
This is something that you can make everyday, even on special occasion. I plan to make it for our Christmas party potluck dinner. It only takes around 30 minutes to complete. Note that it includes the marinating time. You’ll see the details below.
How to Cook Quick and Easy Fried Chicken
Making fried chicken in your kitchen has never been this easy. The process involves all the basic steps in cooking fried chicken, such as marination, coating the chicken, and frying. However, the time needed for this recipe is minimal.
A good fried chicken should be flavorful. The marinade or rub makes this possible. However, there is a time constraint to achieve the best result. This recipe makes use of a mixture of liquid marinade. It is composed of calamansi, soy sauce, and Knorr SavorRich Chicken Liquid Seasoning. The first two ingredients should be enough, but it can take up to an hour for the chicken to absorb the flavors. Adding Knorr SavorRich helps make the marinating time quicker. In around 10 minutes, the chicken should be able to absorb most of the flavors. Of course, it can be even better if marinated longer. This recipe is ideal for those who want to make tasty and delicious fried chicken in less than the usual duration.
Simply place the chicken in a resealable bag an then add all the marinade ingredients. Seal the bag while trapping some air inside. Shake until all ingredients are blended. Release the air and reseal the bag. This will give the chicken a better chance to quickly absorb the flavors. Marinate it for at least 10 minutes.
The coating for the chicken is simple too. I only use all-purpose flour. You can also add a bit of cornstarch if you want an extra crispy fried chicken. Put the flour in a container with cover. Add a piece of chicken and then shake until coated completely. Shake-off excess flour.
I recommend deep-frying the chicken for great results. Heat oil to 360F. Fry chicken pieces for 14 minutes. That’s it.
Serve this with your favorite condiment. I like mine with banana ketchup.
Try this quick and easy fried chicken recipe for the holidays, and in any day you please. Enjoy!
Quick and Easy Fried Chicken
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken drumsticks
- 16 ml Knorr SavorRich Chicken Liquid Seasoning
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 pieces calamansi
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooking oil
- Create slits on the chicken drumsticks by slicing all the way to the bone.
- Place the chicken inside a resealable bag. Add soy sauce, calamansi juice, Knorr SavorRich, and ground black pepper. Seal the bag and then shake until all ingredients are well blended. Push the air out of the bag and seal again. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Place the flour in a container with cover. Put the marinated chicken in the container (one to two pieces at a time). Cover and shake until the chicken get completely coated with flour. Shake-off excess flour.
- Deep-fry the chicken for 14 minutes.
- Remove from the pot and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice or any of your favorite side dishes.
Watch How to Cook Quick and Easy Fried Chicken