Sarciadong Daing or Sarciadong Buwad is a quick and easy recipe involving daing (salted dried fish). Fried daing is quickly cooked with a tomato-based sauce. It can be consumed as a main dish with steamed white rice.
There are many types of daing; you have several options to choose from in terms of fish variety. I used daing na hasa-hasa for this recipe. I am not really a fan of this fish, but it is the best looking one in the batch, from the Filipino store. If given the option, I would probably choose daing na labahita (surgeon fish).
The hasa-hasa was not bad at all; In fact, it went well with the sauce and the entire dish was a success.
Have you tried to cook your daing this way? How do you do it? What ingredients do you use and what tips can you share with us?
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, sauté the garlic and onion.
- Add the diced tomato. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the chili peppers, ground black pepper, and fish sauce. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Put the dating in the mixture. Cook for 1 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!