Seafood Curry is a rich and delicious dish composed of shrimp, mussel, and squid. I enjoy eating it with warm white rice. You should give this a try. It only takes less than 30 minutes to completely cook this dish. It is my second favorite curry dish next to chicken curry. How to Cook Seafood…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Seafood Curry is a rich and delicious dish composed of shrimp, mussel, and squid. I enjoy eating it with warm white rice. You should give this a try. It only takes less than 30 minutes to completely cook this dish.
It is my second favorite curry dish next to chicken curry.
How to Cook Seafood Curry
Since we are dealing with seafood, it is important to ensure that each ingredient is properly cleaned. The shrimp needs to be deveined and washed, while the mussel should have been cleaned and the beards removed. The squid should also be washed and the innards removed. It is always best to have a peace of mind with regards to your food knowing that all the ingredients were properly handled.
Start cooking by sautéing onion, garlic, and ginger. Heat oil in a cooking pot and then add the onion first. Cook for 20 seconds or so, and then put-in garlic and ginger. Stir while cooking until onion softens.
Pour the coconut milk next. You may also use coconut cream. It is thicker and richer than its milk counterpart. It might provide a hint of sweetness though. Let the liquid boil. While this is happening, the flavors from the aromatics (onion, garlic, and ginger) sticks to the liquid making it tastier.
Add curry powder. Start by using the amount indicated in the recipe below. You can always add more if you find it mild. I also add Knorr Shrimp Cube. This ingredients completes the flavor of my seafood curry.
The bell peppers are added next. The flavors from this ingredient makes the dish tastes good. It is fresh with a hint of sweetness.
Keep in mind that there is also a sequence when adding seafood. Put the ones that needs to cook longer first. This pertain to mussel and shrimp. Squid cooks fast, so I always add it last.
Season with ground black pepper and fish sauce (this is also known as Patis in Filipino). Enjoy with newly cooked rice.
Try this Seafood Curry recipe. Happy cooking!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
- 15 pieces mussels cleaned
- 1 piece Knorr Shrimp Cube
- 10 pieces shrimp deveined
- 4 pieces shrimp sliced
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 piece red bell pepper Julienne
- 1 piece green bell pepper Julienne
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 2 thumbs ginger Julienne
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- fish sauce to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a cooking pot. Add onion. Cook for 20 seconds. Put the garlic and ginger. Continue cooking until onion softens.
- Pour coconut milk into the pot. Stir. Cover the pot and let boil.
- Add curry powder. Stir until it completely dilutes in coconut milk.
- Add Knorr Shrimp Cube. Stir. Put some cayenne pepper powder, if desired.
- Add bell peppers, mussels, and shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir until all ingredients are coated with coconut milk. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add squid. Cook for 1 minute.
- Season with fish sauce (patis) and ground black pepper. Cook for 1 minute more.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with rice. Enjoy!
Watch How to Cook Seafood Curry
Leave a Comment