This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This version of Seafood Sinigang is simple, but delicious. It is composed of fish steak and shrimp. I also had vegetables such as okra, sitaw (snake beans), and dahon ng mustasa (mustard leaves). It is the perfect dish to serve on a rainy day.
I think that the combination of fish and shrimp was successful because the flavors complement each other. I also liked how the sour taste of the broth blended with everything in it. This is the reason why I always use Knorr Sinigang na May Miso recipe Mix when I make seafood sinigang.
Have you tried using rice wash (hugas bigas) when cooking sinigang? This is one ingredient that I want to share with you. It made the consistency of the soup a little bit thicker and it provided a mild sweet taste. I think that it made a difference.
Let’s talk about the variety of fish that you can use for this dish. You can utilize almost any fish variety, but I prefer the ones with more meat. This is the reason why I had mahi-mahi steak for this recipe. I also had this using other fish varieties such as tambakol, maya-maya, tanigue, and lapu-lapu — all turned out well.
I suggest using medium to large shrimp for this dish. Prawn is also a better alternative (tiger prawns are the best). You might have seen or had this similar dish with other types of seafood. I recommend having this only with fish and shrimp. However, you are always welcome to add other seafood as preferred.
Try this Seafood Sinigang Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 6 ounces slices fish steak
- 1 lb. shrimp cleaned
- 2 25g pack Knorr Sinigang na May Miso Recipe Mix
- 6 snake beans cut in 2 inch pieces
- 8 to 10 pieces mustard leaves
- 9 to 12 pieces okra
- 2 pieces banana pepper or long green chili
- 2 quarts rice wash hugas bigas
- 2 medium tomato wedged
- 1 medium yellow onion wedged
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce patis
- Pour rice wash in a soup pot. Let boil.
- Add tomato and onion. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add fish and shrimp.
- Add Knorr Sinigang na May Miso Recipe Mix. Stir.
- Put all the vegetables into the pot. Cover and cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Pour fish sauce and add the mustard leaves. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with rice.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Seafood Sinigang