This version of Seafood Sinigang is simple, but delicious. It is composed of fish steak and shrimp. I also had vegetables such as okra, sitaw (snake beans), and dahon ng mustasa (mustard leaves). It is the perfect dish to serve on a rainy day. I think that the combination of fish and shrimp was successful…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This version of Seafood Sinigang is simple, but delicious. It is composed of fish steak and shrimp. I also had vegetables such as okra, sitaw (snake beans), and dahon ng mustasa (mustard leaves). It is the perfect dish to serve on a rainy day.
I think that the combination of fish and shrimp was successful because the flavors complement each other. I also liked how the sour taste of the broth blended with everything in it. This is the reason why I always use Knorr Sinigang na May Miso recipe Mix when I make seafood sinigang.
Have you tried using rice wash (hugas bigas) when cooking sinigang? This is one ingredient that I want to share with you. It made the consistency of the soup a little bit thicker and it provided a mild sweet taste. I think that it made a difference.
Let’s talk about the variety of fish that you can use for this dish. You can utilize almost any fish variety, but I prefer the ones with more meat. This is the reason why I had mahi-mahi steak for this recipe. I also had this using other fish varieties such as tambakol, maya-maya, tanigue, and lapu-lapu — all turned out well.
I suggest using medium to large shrimp for this dish. Prawn is also a better alternative (tiger prawns are the best). You might have seen or had this similar dish with other types of seafood. I recommend having this only with fish and shrimp. However, you are always welcome to add other seafood as preferred.
Try this Seafood Sinigang Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
- 2 6 ounces slices fish steak
- 1 lb. shrimp cleaned
- 2 25g pack Knorr Sinigang na May Miso Recipe Mix
- 6 snake beans cut in 2 inch pieces
- 8 to 10 pieces mustard leaves
- 9 to 12 pieces okra
- 2 pieces banana pepper or long green chili
- 2 quarts rice wash hugas bigas
- 2 medium tomato wedged
- 1 medium yellow onion wedged
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce patis
- Pour rice wash in a soup pot. Let boil.
- Add tomato and onion. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add fish and shrimp.
- Add Knorr Sinigang na May Miso Recipe Mix. Stir.
- Put all the vegetables into the pot. Cover and cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Pour fish sauce and add the mustard leaves. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with rice.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Seafood Sinigang
Leave a Comment