Sinigang na Isda sa Kamias or fish sinigang is a type of Filipino sour soup. This soup dish makes use of fish, tomato, mustard greens, long green peppers, and onion. The souring agent for this sinigang recipe is bilimbi, which is locally known as kamias.
This Sinigang na Isda sa Kamias recipe is straightforward. You can enjoy your sour fish soup dish in less than 30 minutes; this recipe will only requie you to boil the ingredient – there is no sautéing involved, which means that this dish is not oily at all.
I used fish steaks for this Fish sinigang recipe. Do not limit yourselves with fish steaks, you can also use medium whole fish such as tilapia (sinigang na tilapia), pompano, grouper, red snapper, or any type of fish that you think is appropriate.
As for the kamias, I used the fresh frozen ones that I got from the Filipino store, but you can always consume fresh kamias or sun dried kamias.
Try this Sinigang na Isda sa Kamias (Fish Sinigang) Recipe. Enjoy!
Sinigang na Isda sa Kamias (Fish Sinigang)
- Boil the water in a large cooking pot.
- Once the water starts to boil, add the tomatoes, kamias, and onion. Cover and let boil for 8 minutes.
- Add the fish (any type) and long green peppers. Cover and cook in medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the mustard greens, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- Turn the heat off. Cover and let the residual heat cook the leaves for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve with white rice.
- Share and enjoy!