Seared Okra and Tomato is a simple and easy vegetable dish that you can prepare for yourself. It involves searing the okra and tomato altogether and then adding the seasonings. That’s it. How more simple could it be?
This can be eaten all by itself or can be consumed as a side dish. A more Filipino way of enjoying this dish is to serve it with bagoong alamang. It sounds like a good idea to have with fried fish too, such as round scad, perhaps.
I had this the other day along with crispy fried mahi-mahi sarciado. I think that the combination was good. However, I won’t recommend having the bagoong as a condiment because it can be overpowering to a point that you won’t enjoy the main dish.
On another note this combination will be great when bagoong isda is added to the mix. I will create a separate recipe post and will link to it afterwards.
Have this Seared Okra and Tomato your way. Enjoy!
Seared Okra and Tomato Recipe
- 12 to 15 pieces okra sliced crosswise
- 2 medium tomato cubed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Arrange sliced okra in a bowl. Add vinegar. Toss until coated.
- Heat a pan or a skillet. Pour cooking oil.
- Add okra when the oil is hot. Sear one side for 30 seconds. Stir and continue to cook the opposite side for another 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes. Stir and cook for 5 to 7 minutes in medium heat while stirring every minute.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!