This is Panlasang Pinoy Bisita Kusina Episode 2. We went to a farm in San Rafael Bulacan, in the Philippines to feature Ricky Halasan’s specialty, Shrimp with Butter and Taba ng Talangka.
Special thanks to Jen and Ricky for inviting us to their farm. It was a memorable experience. We all had a great time. The kids went swimming in the pool, while my teens had an awesome experience touring the farm while riding the buggy. The food was terrific and we enjoyed each others company. Their couple’s hospitality is very much appreciated.
The Shrimp with Butter and Taba ng Talangka , which Ricky prepared for us was delicious. The collaboration of flavors were in perfect harmony. Each of the ingredients complemented one another. It was even perfect when eaten with rice. Adding a bit of heat into it made my eating experience complete. A few drops of tabasco sauce or some cracked red pepper should do the trick.
While we were filming the cooking video, Jen and Dey were preparing the side dishes. The caretaker of the farm is also grilling liempo on the side. We had a great meal!
We’ll definitely be back to visit them again and experience life in the farm once more, even for just a day.
Watch out for the next episodes of our Bisita Kusina series. It will be fun and interesting! If you want me to visit your kitchen and get featured in one of our future episodes, please leave a comment below. See you!
Try this Shrimp with Butter and Taba ng Talangka Recipe. Enjoy!
Shrimp with Butter and Taba ng Talangka Recipe
- 1 lb. shrimp cleaned
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup taba ng talangka
- 2 pieces calamansi
- 1 head garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper or cracked peppercorn
- Salt to taste
- Melt butter or margarine in a pan.
- Add shrimp. Continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the shrimp turns orange.
- Add garlic. Stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Put the salt into the pan. Stir.
- Season with cracked peppercorn (or ground black pepper).
- Add the crab fat (taba ng talangka). Stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour calamansi and vinegar. Stir. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!