Sigarilyas Gising Gising Recipe
Sigarilyas Gising gising is a Filipino vegetable stew composed of winged beans, ground pork, and long green chillies. These ingredients are cooked in coconut milk. If you can recall, I published a gising gising recipe a few years back for the same dish that makes use of green beans or Baguio beans. This particular recipe is a variation…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sigarilyas Gising gising is a Filipino vegetable stew composed of winged beans, ground pork, and long green chillies. These ingredients are cooked in coconut milk. If you can recall, I published a gising gising recipe a few years back for the same dish that makes use of green beans or Baguio beans. This particular recipe is a variation or another version.
It might look simple to prepare sigarilyas gising gising. It is actually simple and easy, but there is a tip that I want to share to make your dish a success. This tip came from by mom, which is an expert cook. She is one of my influences in cooking. Try to cook winged beans (or sigarilyas) a little bit longer because this vegetable has this funny smell and taste when undercooked. It will be better if you braise it (this means to cook for a longer period) to neutralize aroma and taste. It goes out after a while, so better follow the recipe as directed 🙂
I used long green chillies for this recipe. These are the same kind of chillies that are commonly used to cook sinigang. If you want your dish to be more spicy, use Thai chillies or siling labuyo instead. Note that you can reduce the amount of ground meat; you can also use ground chicken if desired. I used fish sauce as seasoning. You can also use shrimp paste or bagoong alamang to add flavor to this dish.
I had 2 cups of rice when I had this because it is so irresistible. Please be forewarned especially if you are trying to control your rice intake. Happy cooking and eating!
Try this Sigarilyas Gising Gising Recipe. Let me know how you liked it by sending a comment.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Sigarilyas Gising gising Recipe
- 10 pieces winged bean sigarilyas, sliced crosswise
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 5 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 6 pieces long green peppers siling pansigang
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a deep pan.
- Once the oil is hot, saute the garlic and onion. Continue to cook until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the ground pork. Saute for 5 minutes or until the pork turns brown.
- Pour the coconut milk in the pan and let boil. Stir and add the sigarilyas and long green peppers. Cover and adjust the heat to low. cook for 30 to 35 minutes or until the liquid reduces in half.
- Remove the cover and add fish sauce and ground black pepper. Stir and cook for a few more minutes until the coconut milk reduces, but do not let the liquid evaporate totally.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve!
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Sigarilyas Gising Gising
Leave a Comment