This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I have always enjoyed pork ginataan. I like it better when it is rich, creamy, and spicy. The sauce should also be thick, rather than soupy. This is ginataang baboy recipe (or pork ginataan) that I am sharing today depicts the characteristics that I want in my pork ginataan dish. Most importantly, it is easy to prepare and delicous.
This recipe makes use of coconut milk and coconut cream. The coconut cream makes the dish cremier and richer. You can also use coconut cream solely of you prefer and extremely rich and creamy pork gintaan dish.
In addition, I added around 12 pieces of Thai chili peppers to make the dish spicy. I like to eat spicy dishes with coconut milk. Bicol express is a similar dish. However it uses alamang, rather than regular fish sauce, just like what I have for this recipe.
I learned to love spinach after moving to America. It can be consumed in many ways. It makes a good salad, it can be an alternative to Kangkong for sinigang, and it is the ideal green for pork ginataan. However, this ingredient might not be available to everyone. If that is the case, you may use malunggay leaves or hot pepper leaves as an alternative to spinach.
Try this pork ginataan recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 ½ lb. Pork belly cut into cubes
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 2 cups coconut milk gata
- 2 cups coconut cream kakang gata
- 10 to 12 pieces Thai chili pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 2 thumbs ginger sliced into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce patis
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Saute, onion, garlic, and ginger.
- Once the onion becomes translucent and soft, add pork. Saute until light brown.
- Pour coconut milk and coconut cream. Let boil.
- Add chili pepper (Thai chili). Cover the cooking pot. Cook for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the pork becomes tender.
- Add spinach. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with ground black pepper and fish sauce.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Pork Ginataan