This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
It is a good idea to cook Simple Chicken Noodle Soup when you feel chilly. It can satisfy your hunger while making you feel cozy. This recipe that I am sharing today is a simple version that you can prepare anywhere and anytime. I usually make one during the evening for dinner, when the weather is cold or if I just need to feel comfortable.
When you or someone you love is not feeling well, a bowl of simple chicken noodle soup can help make you feel better. It contains nutrients that should be able to assist you to get back on track while providing a comfort on every sip.
Note that I used spiral noodles in this recipe because I think that it is more available elsewhere compared to egg noodles, which is the traditional ingredient for this soup. The spiral noodle is a type of pasta known as Rotini. The egg noodles, on the other hand, are made from unleavened flour that was rolled, flattened, and cut into pieces. If both ingredients are not available you can always use elbow macaroni.
How to Make Chicken Noodle Soup
Start by preparing the chicken. It needs to be boiled until completely cooked. Once done, detach the meat from bones and shred it into smaller pieces. Make sure to remove the chicken skin because it is not needed for this recipe. Also, save the water that you used to boil the chicken. It will be needed later.
Prepare the soup by sauteeing the vegetables. This means that you will need to heat the oil in a pot and then add the carrot, onion, and celery to cook for a few minutes. The shredded chicken meat will be added next and let it cook for a couple of minutes. At this point, you will add the water that was used to boil the chicken earlier. Also add a few cups more of clean water. It is important to have enough liquid when making chicken noodle soup because the noodle absorbs a lot of liquid. You should have enough liquid left for the soup.
The chicken cube plays an important part in the dish because it provides additional chicken flavor that makes the soup really yummy. It will be added once the liquid starts to boil. The spiral noodles (rotini pasta) are will be placed in the pot next and cooked until it completely absorbs all the liquid that it needs. Add salt and pepper to adjust the taste of your soup. Simple, isn’t it?
Try this Simple Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- ½ lb. spiral pasta
- 1 lb. chicken
- 1 ½ cups celery chopped
- 1 ½ cups carrots sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 Knorr chicken cube
- 6 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Pour 4 cups water in a cooking pot. Let boil.
- Add the chicken. Cover and boil in medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot. Let it cool down. Save the water used to boil the chicken for later use.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and then separate the meat from the bones. Shred the chicken meat into small pieces. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot. Sauté onion, celery and carrot
- Add the shredded chicken. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the water used to boil the chicken and the remaining 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil.
- Add the Knorr chicken cube. Stir. Cover the pot and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the spiral pasta. Cover and cook for 15 to 18 minutes. You can add more water if needed.
- Add salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Simple Chicken Noodle Soup