This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Simple Lo Mein is what I call this vegetable lo mein recipe because it is really simple to make and it also tastes delicious. Imagine a delicious noodle dish that you can make in less than 30 minutes, it doesn’t get better than this.
I use dried egg noodles for this recipe, instead of fresh ones because I can store dried noodles longer. There were lots of veggies that I threw in to make this simple lo mein and I was very happy on the result. There were onions, carrots, spinach, mushroom, some snow peas (you can also use snap peas as an alternative), and bell peppers. All these veggies have its own contribution to the overall success of this dish.
The good thing about simple lo mein its ease in preparation. You can quickly make this for dinner even if you are busy because it is quick to cook. It can stand on its own, so you don’t need side dishes to go along with it. It will be better if you have it with lumpiang Shanghai.
Try this Simple Lo Mein Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 8 oz. dried egg noodles cooked according to package instructions
- 12 to 15 pieces snow
- 3/4 cup carrots julienne
- 1 small red bell pepper julienne
- 1 cup fresh white mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 small yellow onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok
- Saute the onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, snow peas, and carrots.
- Add-in the cooked egg noodles. Toss. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, chicken stock, and oyster sauce.Toss and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put-in the spinach, salt, and pepper. Toss some more and cook for 1 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!