This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Spanish Sardines Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato and Chopped Olives is a simple dish that you can cook for dinner. This dish is not fancy at all.In fact, you can prepare this simple pasta dish within 20 minutes. All you need is a pound of fettuccine, bottled Spanish sardines, some chopped sun dried tomato, and chopped green olives. Extra virgin olive oil along with salt and ground black pepper complete the dish.
Let me quickly tell you how I did this yummy dish. The first thing to do is to cook your pasta, which is the fettuccine, according to package instructions, Feel free to use linguine or spaghetti if prefered.
I am using bottled Spanish sardines for this recipe. I got it from my trusted Filipino store. The chopped sun-dried tomato should be available in your local supermarket. It is usually sold in bottles. The olives that I used for this recipe are pitted green olives.. I used half a cup of these, which I manually chopped and added to my pasta.
I hope that you realized how easy it is to make Spanish Sardines Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato and Chopped Olives. It does need extensive cooking, all you need to do is toss the ingredients together and cook it for a few minutes. Note that the crushed red pepper (also called chili flakes) is something that I recommend. This will give a bit of kick to the dish, which makes it taste better, in my opinion.
This is something that you can bring to work for lunch. It can also be served to the entire household for dinner.
If you like sardines in tomato sauce, you might want to check this sardinas recipe.
Try this Spanish Sardines Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato and Chopped Olives Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1/2 lb. fettuccine
- 6 oz. Spanish sardines
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cook fettuccine according to package instructions. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add Spanish sardines, chopped sun-dried tomato, chopped olives, crushed red pepper, parsley, and extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the pasta and other ingredients in a pan. Heat the pan and toss. Continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!