This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Special Chicken Embutido Recipe is something that you should consider for the holidays. It might look intimidating to prepare, but I am telling you that it is easy and quick. Use the step-by-step recipe below along with the cooking video as a guide on how to make this yummy special embutido.
The first thing that I did was to prepare all the ingredients. The carrots, bell pepper, and onions needed to be minced. I quickly did that using a food processor. If you do not have one, that is okay because you can manually cut the veggies into small pieces. It will develop your knife skills in the process. It can be a bit faster if you also ask for a little assistance.
Mixing all the ingredients is the easiest part; all that I did was to combine the ingredients in a bowl (except for boiled eggs) and folded everything until well blended. Once the chicken embutido mixture is ready, I started wrapping it in foil. The boiled eggs that were sliced into wedges (or quartered) were placed in the middle of the mixture. It helps make the dish look pretty later on. This is what I did with our previous pork embutido recipe.
Steam the embutido for an hour to complete the process. You can eat it warm, fried, or chilled. I like mine cold so I had to put it in the fridge for a while.
Try this Special Chicken Embutido Recipe (Filipino Chicken Meatloaf) recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 1 medium red bell pepper minced
- 1 Knorr Chicken Cube
- 2 raw eggs
- 1 medium green bell pepper minced
- 1 medium white or yellow onion minced
- 1 ¾ to 2 cups bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup raisins
- 4 hard boiled eggs quartered
- 5 tablespoons sweet relish
- 5 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 cups water for steaming
- In a mixing bowl, crush the chicken using a fork.
- Crack the eggs. Beat until the chicken cube dilutes in the beaten egg.
- Add the bell peppers, onion, raisins, sweet relish, and cheese. Fold to mix the ingredients.
- Add the ground chicken, salt, ground black pepper, and vegetable oil. Continue to fold until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Wrap the mixture in aluminum foil. Scoop a cup of mixture and arrange it in a sheet of aluminum foil. Place some wedged hard-boiled eggs in the middles and then roll the foil to shape like a cylinder. Secure both sides by twirling the ends of the foil until the mixture inside is compact.
- Boil water in a steamer or pot.
- Arrange the wrapped chicken embutido in a steamer.
- Cover and steam for 1 hour.
- Let the chicken embutido cool down.
- Place in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Slice and arrange in a serving plate. Serve cold.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Special Chicken Embutido