This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Embutido is a type of Filipino steamed meatloaf. Today, we are featuring Chicken Embutido, which is a meatloaf made from ground chicken. This recipe is simple and hassle-free. You should be able to enjoy your own chicken embutido within an hour – and you will have the right to brag this to your friends too.
This chicken embutido recipe is similar to our original embutido recipe, although the latter used ground pork. This chicken version is also straightforward; we will not be using boiled eggs or hotdogs to stuff our embutido. The video below demonstrates the detailed procedures.
I actually loved the outcome of this recipe. I was able to enjoy chicken embutido in its cold state, and I also what I tasted when I tried to fry it. It went well with steamed rice and with bread too. Since this recipe will give you around 10 to 12 pieces, you can freeze the leftover and cook it when needed. I usually have a space in my freezer for frozen tocino and longganisa. I also had the embutido sit there. Its always good to know that you can always pull ready-to-cook food when you are in a hurry or just too lazy to cook.
Try this Chicken Embutido Recipe. Enjoy!
- 3 lbs. ground chicken
- 1 red bell pepper minced
- 1 green bell pepper minced
- 1 yellow onion minced
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup carrots minced
- 3/4 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, carrots, bell peppers, onion, raisins, sweet relish, cheese, and tomato sauce. Mix well.
- Pour-in the olive oil. Add the salt and pepper. Continue to stir until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Put the eggs and bread crumbs in the mixing bowl. Continue to mix with the other ingredients.
- Wrap the mixture (around 1 to 1 1/4 cup) in aluminum foil. Do this step until all the mixture are consumed.
- Arranged the chicken embutido in a steamer. Steam for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove the steamed embutido from the steamer. Let it cool down. You can also place it in the fridge.
- Slice the embutido and arrange in a serving plate.
- Serve chilled. Share and enjoy!