This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Have you ever tried making a dish out of canned sardines? Spicy Sardinas with Patola and Miswa is a simple and easy-to-cook dish involving canned spicy sardines. This dish is categorized as a soup. It’s other ingredients include loofah (patola), miswa noodles, and chili pepper.
This spicy sardinas soup can be eaten with warm rice for lunch or dinner. I like it because it is quick and easy to prepare. The entire process is straightforward and only takes around 20 minutes. It is also inexpensive and should be able to feed 3 persons.
Try this Spicy Sardinas with Patola and Miswa Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 large 15 oz. can spicy sardines in tomato sauce
- 1 small loofah patola, peeled and sliced
- 3 ounces miswa misua
- 6 pieces Thai chili or siling labuyo
- 4 cups water
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fish sauce patis and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Add onion. Saute until soft.
- Pour the sardines into the pot, including the sauce. Add chili peppers and garlic powder. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour water into the cooking pot. Stir. Let boil.
- Add miswa and patola. Continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Season with patis and ground black pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!