This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Squid sisig is a pleasant-tasting dish made from chopped grilled squid along with some onions and seasonings. This recipe is my second seafood sisig adaptation next to bangus sisig. You will certainly love this dish.
In order to make squid sisig, the squid needs to be grilled for a few minutes. Grilling it makes the texture of the skin compact and less slimy. This makes the chopping process a piece of cake. Always remember not to grill the squid longer than the indicated time. Over cooking the squid will make it tougher, in terms of texture.
I love to eat squid sisig along with rice. I usually squeeze half a lemon over it and add seasonings such as soy sauce, salt, and pepper. I like it spicy too. That is the reason why I add about a teaspoon of Sriracha sauce. How about you, how do you like your squid sisig?
Try this Squid Sisig Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- Rub 1 teaspoon salt on the squid. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Grill the squid for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from the grill. Let cool.
- Chop the squid into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan and then saute the garlic, onion, and ginger.
- Put-in the chopped squid. Stir and then cook for a minute.
- Add the garlic powder, salt, and soy sauce. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with crushed chicharon and chopped scallions.
- Serve with lemon wedges. Share and enjoy!