Stir Fried Pepper Steak is a tasty and delicious beef dish that you can quickly prepare for lunch or dinner. This is one of my go to dishes whenever I want to enjoy a decent meal while having limited time to allot for cooking. It only takes less than 20 minutes to cook.
Stir Fried Pepper Steak is composed of thinly sliced steak (such as sirloin or tenderloin), bell peppers, and scallions. The beef is marinated for a few minutes in a mixture of seasonings along with cornstarch and then stir-fried with the peppers and scallions. This is best to top over a bowl of newly cooked white rice.
It might sound very quick and easy to prepare—well, it is. However, I have some pointers to achieve best results. The most important is the cut of meat to use; iIt is always best to select tender cuts of meat such as the ones that I mentioned earlier. These cuts of beef do not need extra cooking time to be tender because these are already that way to begin with. It will also help if the meat is sliced as thin as possible so that it can quickly absorb the marinade and it will cook even quicker. The next pointer is to use the suggested ingredients as indicated in the recipe below. Using alternative ingredients might work, but the result won’t be the same. The bell peppers are exceptions. I used three colors of bell peppers to make the dish colorful; you can use just one color depending on your preference. Lastly, stir-frying is all about high heat. You get what I mean 🙂
It is always best to share this scrumptious dish with your loved ones. It will make your day complete.
Try this Stir Fried Pepper Steak Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Stir Fried Pepper Steak
- 1 lb. beef sirloin sliced thinly
- 3 small bell peppers sliced
- 3 tablespoons Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 1/2 cup scallions chopped
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 5 teaspoons cooking oil
- Pour Knorr liquid seasoning and oyster sauce over the beef sliced. Add the ground black pepper. Mix well.
- Add the cornstarch. Mix until all the ingredients are distributed. Let is stay for 5 minutes.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a pan.
- Stir-fry the bell peppers for 3 minutes.
- Remove the bell peppers and set aside.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil in the same cooking pot. Add the marinated beef. Stir fry for 8 minutes or until the beef is completely cooked.
- Add the bell peppers back and then stir-in the scallions. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve over rice.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the video on How to Cook Stir Fried Pepper Steak