Making Fish Tacos is a nice and fun way to consume fish. It is visually appealing and it tastes so good. If you have no idea on how to prepare one, this Tilapia Fish Tacos Recipe can be handy.
Have you tried making Fish Tacos before? If you had, you already knew that making one is easy and fast. You do not need to be an experienced cook to prepare this dish. It only takes determination and a little guidance plus this Tilapia Fish Tacos Recipe, of course. What kind of fish should you use? I would say, almost any kind — as long as its fresh.
Tuna is commonly used in most Fish Tacos Recipe, but you can always use other types of fish as alternatives. This recipe calls for tilapia fillets. I thought of using them because of the following reasons: it is available almost anywhere; it is budget friendly; it tastes good.
The key in making a successful Tilapia Fish Tacos lies on the fish and salsa. As I mentioned, fresh fish is preferred (fresh frozen fish will also do). Make sure that the fish is properly seasoned before cooking. As for the salsa, I made salsa fresca; this is composed of fresh tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, and lime juice. I used flour tortilla for this recipe, but feel free to use the wrap of your choice, such as wheat or corn tortillas. Don’t forget to squeeze in additional lime juice for that fresh flavor.
Do you like your Fish Tacos spicy? Try adding some Chipotle pepper or hot sauce for a kick.
Try this Tilapia Fish Tacos Recipe and let me know what you think.
Tilapia Fish Tacos Recipe
- 2 lbs. tilapia fillet
- 6 to 8 pieces 8 inch diameter flour tortilla
- 1 cup tomato diced
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 3/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 piece lime
- 1 cup purple cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 medium jalapeño chopped
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium bowl, create the salsa fresca by combining tomatoes, cilantro, onion, jalapeño, olive oil, and juice of 1 lime. Mix gently. Set aside.
- Rub salt and chili powder on the tilapia fillets.
- Heat a pan and sear both sides of the tilapia until fully cooked. This might take about 3 to 5 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the fillet. Remove the fish from the pan and chop into serving pieces (about 1 x 1 inch).
- Cover the tortilla with paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Lay each flour tortilla in a flat surface. Arrange about 1/2 cup of chopped tilapia, salsa fresca, and chopped cabbage over each tortilla. Top with a tablespoon of sour cream, and squeeze a little lime juice.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!