Tokwat Baka is the beef version of the well loved tokwat baboy recipe. Similar dishes often use boiled beef — this particular recipe is quite different because I used ingredients that makes this dish stand out, such as porterhouse steak to begin with.
You do not really need to use porterhouse steak. You can use any steak cut as long as the meat us tender and its cooked medium rare to medium well. We want to make sure that the beef is juicy and tender. The sesame oil along with the rice vinegar emphasizes the Asian flavor of the dish.
Tokwat baka can be enjoyed as a pulutan or a main dish. Enjoy your meal!
Try this Tokwat Baka Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Tokwat Baka (Fried Tofu and Grilled Beef in Vinegar Sauce)
- 16 ounces grilled porterhouse steak sliced
- 4 pieces extra firm tofu fried and cubed
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 small red onion minced
- 2 teaspoons roasted sesame seeds
- Arrange the sliced steak and cubed tofu in a bowl.
- On a separate bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, pepper, salt, and onion. Stir. Microwave for 20 to 30 seconds
- Pour the mixture over the steak and tofu.
- Top with chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!