We still have a few turkey leftover recipes to feature; one of them is Turkey Reuben Sandwich. We all know that the original Reuben sandwich is made from corned beef, this variation that we have here uses leftover turkey.
Preparing Turkey Reuben Sandwich is simple. You will need to add moisture to the turkey slices though by soaking it in warm chicken stock before assembling the sandwich. I used commercial Thousand Island dressing and bottled Sauerkraut for this recipe because I intended this to be quick and easy for everyone to follow.
This can be eaten for breakfast similar to breakfast reuben sandwich, or you can bring it with you at work or in school for a nice hearty lunch.
Try this Turkey Reuben Sandwich Recipe. Send us your feedback.
Turkey Reuben Sandwich
- 4 slices of leftover roast turkey
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 slices rye bread
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Thousand Island dressing
- 3 tablespoons sauerkraut
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- Pour-in chicken stock in a bowl and then microwave for 40 seconds.
- Soak the turkey slices on the warm chicken stock.
- Spread the Thousand Island dressing on one side of both bread slices.
- Arrange the soaked turkey slices on top of one rye slice (make sure to let the excess liquid drip before doing this) and then put the sauerkraut on top. Spread evenly.
- Top with Swiss cheese and place the second rye slice on top.
- Grill each side of the sandwich using a grill pan for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!