This delicious reuben sandwich is a type of hot sandwich that makes use of corned beef brisket, sauerkraut, and cheese. Reuben Sandwich is a delicious treat that will surely fill you up.
The corned beef brisket needs to be cured and cooked properly before you use it. Preparing cured corned beef brisket takes a little time and patience. If you think that the process can be tedious, cured corned beef brisket is available in the grocery stores here in North America. As for our good friends who don’t have access to these in the grocery, making your own is the way to go – don’t worry because your patience and hard work will be rewarded later on.
Sauerkraut, on the other hand, is fermented cabbage. It taste great with Reuben Sandwich. I usually buy ready made sauerkraut since these are not that expensive and can save me time.
Delicious Reuben Sandwich
- 1/4 lb. corned beef brisket sliced
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 slices cheese
- 1/2 cup Sauerkraut
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of both bread slices.
- Arrange the cheese on top of one slice of bread with mayo.
- Generously top with corned beef brisket.
- Add Sauerkraut on top and then finish by placing the other bread slice over the Sauerkraut mayo side down.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!