This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Reuben Sandwich is a type of warm deli corned beef sandwich with sauerkraut and cheese. There have been many Reuben sandwich variations throughout the years, and this is one of the basic and simple recipes around.
I really enjoy having Reuben sandwich and liked how the taste of tender corned combined with the sauerkraut and cheese. The dressing (such as mayonnaise or thousand island) is a plus and makes the sandwich more pleasurable. I enjoy eating this while it is hot of the griddle. I also like to dip this sometimes with onion soup. I used cured corned beef to make this sandwich. I got the corned beef raw, so I had to boil and simmer it for about 3 hours to make it tender and sandwich worthy. All the wait was OK because I ended up with a great tasting Reuben Sandwich that everyone else loved.
Try this Reuben Sandwich recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1/4 lb deli corned beef sliced
- 4 slices soft rye bread
- 2 to 3 teaspoons unsalted butter soft
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut`
- Heat a griddle or pan.
- Spread the butter on each side of the bread slices.
- Lay two bread slices with buttered side down on the heated griddle or pan.
- Arrange two Swiss cheese slices on top of each bread.
- Equally place the corned beef deli on top of the cheese for both breads and then top with sauerkraut.
- Spread mayonnaise on the other side of the remaining 2 bread slices (one side has mayo and the other has butter). Top the remaining slices of bread over the sauerkraut (mayo side down).
- Turn the sandwich over to heat the other side. Let it stay until the bread turns golden brown.
- Slice the bread in the middle and serve.
- Share and enjoy!