This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Vegetable spring roll is a fried spring roll variation that makes use of vegetables such as cabbage, carrots, and bean sprouts as ingredients. This dish is quick and easy to prepare. It can be enjoyed more when dipped in your favorite dipping sauce.
Vegetable spring roll can be enjoyed as an appetizer, a snack, and a side dish. I personally like dip it in my favorite Asian dipping sauce — sometimes spicy vinegar such as sinamak or pinakurat does the trick.
Try this Vegetable Spring Roll recipe. Let me know what you think.
- Heat a pan and then scoop about 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- When the oil becomes hot, saute the garlic and ginger.
- Add the green onion, cabbage, and carrots. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Put-in the bean sprouts, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Mix well and then cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and then transfer the vegetables to a colander to drain the liquid. Let it cool down.
- Lay a piece of spring roll wrapper in a clean flat surface. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of vegetable mixture. Wrap the mixture by folding the opposite ends of the wrapper inward and then rolling the other side until a cylindrical shape is formed. Seal the edge by brushing the beaten egg mixture in the end of the wrapper. Repeat this step until the veggie mixture is consumed.
- Meanwhile, heat the cooking oil in a deep cooking pot.
- When the oil becomes hot, put-in the spring rolls gently one at a time until the maximum capacity of the cooking pot is reached. For better results, try to limit the rolls by cooking around 5 to 6 pieces at a time.
- Deep fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until the wrapper turns light to medium brown.
- Remove the fried spring rolls from the pot and place in a plate lined with paper towel.
- Serve with your favorite spring roll dipping sauce.
- Share and enjoy!