This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Yellow Arroz Caldo is another version that I have for you. This recipe makes use of packaged yellow rice, which is better known as arroz amarillo. The yellow rice is not literally yellow. The package includes herbs and spices that makes the rice turn yellow when cooked.
Yellow Arroz Caldo or any congee in general is best eaten during cold weather. I like to have it when it is very hot because it keeps me warm. It works better for me if I have it with a dip of chili flakes and fish sauce. Squeezing lime or calamansi (and even lemon) on your arroz caldo will make it more enjoyable to eat.
Some of you might know how to cook this dish, or at least have tried to do so. This recipe post is a simple reminder for those of you who have not tried cooking this, and wanted to give it try. If you are new to cooking, go ahead and try this recipe. All you need are the proper cooking equipments and the ingredients. The steps are detailed in the recipe below.
Try this Yellow Arroz Caldo Recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. chicken chopped into serving pieces
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 package 8oz. Arroz Amarillo (yellow rice)
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 Onion powder
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Heat the cooking oil in a cooking pot. Once the oil gets hot, put the garlic in and then cook in low to medium heat until the garlic turns light brown.
- Stir-in the onion. Continue to cook until the onion gets soft.
- Add the chicken. Stir and then cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Gradually add the yellow rice. Stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in the chicken broth and water. Stir.
- Add the onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, ground black pepper, and salt. Continue to cook in medium heat for 20 to 30 minutes. Cover the cooking pot and stir every 5 minutes or if needed. You can add more water or chicken broth if the liquid gets absorbed quickly by the rice. Add more salt only if needed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with green onions. Serve with lime or calamansi.
- Share and enjoy!