Shrimp Sautéed in butter with a lot of garlic is basically what this Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe is all about. Although not an authentic Filipino recipe, this dish is loved and enjoyed by several people. In fact, night markets such as “Dampa” and many Filipino restaurants include this dish in their regular menu.
This Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe is so awesome because it tastes good, quick and easy to prepare, and the ingredients are always available. If I am in a hurry to cook dinner, this is the dish that always comes to my mind second to canned luncheon meat (or canned sardines even).
Let me talk a little about the composition of this dish. It is simply made of Shrimp, garlic, butter, and lemon soda. Don’t take the lemon soda for granted because it is a major ingredient. The sweet taste of this dish is attributed to this ingredient; it also reacts well with the flavor of butter which makes this garlic butter shrimp recipe stand out.
If you have not tried this garlic butter shrimp recipe yet, you should know that it is best eaten with white rice. I also like having this with plain toast.
Try this Garlic Butter Shrimp recipe and let me know what you think.
- 2 lbs shrimp
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup butter
- 4 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup lemon soda
- salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the shrimp in lemon soda for about 10 minutes
- Melt the butter in a pan and heat it up until hot enough to cook the garlic
- Add the garlic and cook until the color turns light to golden brown
- Put-in the shrimp and then cook until the color turns orange.
- Pour-in the remaining lemon soda. Let the liquid evaporate completely.
- Sprinkle the parsley.
- Add some ground black pepper and salt as needed.
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!