Turon or deep-fried banana rolls is a typical Filipino meryenda and dessert. This can usually be seen on the streets being peddled along with banana-que. In Makati, several jolly jeeps (stalls along the road; formerly jeepneys that serve lunch) sell Turon along with other meryenda during the afternoon.
This delicious and healthy dessert is an all time Filipino favorite. Have I mentioned that Turon is so affordable and also easy-to-prepare?
Try this delicious Turon Filipino Dessert Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 6 saba bananas (or plantains), cut in half (lengthwise)
- 1 cup ripe Jackfruit
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 12 pieces spring roll wrapper
- 2 cups cooking oil
- Roll the banana on the brown sugar plate and ensure that the banana is coated with enough sugar
- Place the banana with sugar coating in the spring roll wrapper and add some ripe jackfruit
- Fold and lock the spring roll wrapper, use water to seal the edge
- In a pan, heat the oil and put-in some brown sugar.Wait until the brown sugar floats
- Put-in the wrapped banana and fry until the wrapper turns golden brown and the extra sugar sticks on wrapper
- Serve hot during dessert or meryenda. Share and Enjoy!
Watch the cooking video: