Coconut Macaroon Recipe

Coconut Macaroons are chewy cookie like sweets that makes use of sweet shredded coconut. This dessert is popular here in the United States; it is usually dipped in white chocolate to give it a richer flavor. This macaroon recipe is like no other. It is simple, easy, and delicious.

Making Coconut Macaroon can never be easier. There only 2 major steps that you will need to do: (1) mix all the ingredients together, and (2) bake them in a conventional oven. Once everything is done, it is time for you to enjoy your homemade Coconut Macaroons.

A sure hit for kids and those pretending to be one, these awesome pieces of sweetness will surely put some smile on your children’s faces.

Try this Coconut Macaroon Recipe and let us know what you think.

Coconut Macaroons

Macaroon Recipe

• 14 ounces (about 400 grams) Sweet Shredded Coconut (or Desecated Coconut)
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 3 pieces raw eggs
  • 14 ounces condensed milk

1. Place the butter in a big bowl and cream using a fork
  2. Add-in the brown sugar and mix well
  3. Add the eggs and condensed milk then stir/beat until all ingredients are blended
  4. Put-in the Sweetened Shredded Coconut and distribute evenly with the other ingredient in the mixture
  5. In a mold (with paper cups if possible), place 1 tablespoon of the mixture on each of the cups
  6. Pre-heat oven at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes
  7. Bake the Coconut Macaroon mixture for 20 to 30 minutes or until color turns golden brown.
  8. Serve during dessert or snack time. Share and Enjoy!

Comments

1. Looks delicious and I hope to make these soon1

2. OMG! luveeeeet….thanks a lot!

3. i will try to bake macaroons, akala ko mahirap gawin di naman pala :D,thnks!

4. haydee says:

hi there, i’ve been waiting and eager to learn these recipe.. one of my favorite desert.thank you so much..GOD BLESS AND MORE POWER

• Hi dette, thanks for the comment. If you want the exact gram equivalent of 14 ounces, it would be 396.8933234.

I got it from this conversion:

1 ounce = 28.3495231 grams

I hope that you are enjoying your stay.

5. thanks for sharing. my husband will surely love this. more power to you!

6. ahh ganun lang pala madali lang ang paggawa ng macaroons thanks for sharing

7. Thank you very much for sharing my hubby loves this. It’s so easy to make. More power. God bless.

8. Hello Panlasangpinoy! question lang po, can I make it w/ out the macaroon paper? Hirap kasi maghanap nyan dito sa Ireland. Silicon yung moulder ko. Thanks a lot po.

9. naty, sure thing. You can make macaroons without any paper cups.

• hi po gusto ko po sana malaman ung exact measurement I mean,ilang grams po ung every cup na ginamit kc iba iba po ang sukat ng mga cups :( anyway thanks sau at natuto po akong magluto at mag bake :)

10. ronald allan go says:

akalako po mahirap yan gawin dali lang pala –tanks

11. hi po! sorry, mali nga ako. i didn’t even bother check it’s conversion before posting my comment. just want to share this, yung nabili ko for cooking measurements, mali pala yung sukat nila. i even showed it to my family, yung 400g ng shredded coconut eh kalahati lang yung kasya sa 14ounces na sukat nila..unbelievable kaya pinalitan ko na sya hehe.

thanks again and sana makapag-post pa kayo ng maraming recipes. God bless!

12. Not a problem dette, no need to apologize. I’m always here to help :)

13. rosalie says:

Hi, I was just wondering if you are using the egg white only? Thank you.

• Hi Cory, thanks for the wonderful comment. As a child, my mom thought me the basics of cooking and I am still using her delicous recipes until now. My wife and kids also love to cook. Its one of our favorite bonding activity.

Polvoron will be out soon ma’am, please stay tuned.

14. Priscila, using fresh shredded coconut is not advisable because you need some sweet taste to go with it. I would still recommend using sweet shredded or desecated coconut.

15. Saibelle says:

hi, can i use margarine instead of butter? just wanna know :)

16. josie says:

Hi, ask ko lang yung 1 cup na butter ay ilang grams. katumbas ba niyan ay isang bar na butter.

17. Hi Vanjo!
    Sagutin ko muna si Josie re butter: 1 cup is equivalent to 226.5 grams (if you were in America, that is equivalent to 2 sticks).

On macaroons — I bought a bag of sweetened coconut (7 oz) because I was thinking of what to do with 2 egg whites. The recipe at the back uses 2 egg whites for the coconut macaroons, but being an American recipe, I am not sure if that will give me the taste I love. Then I saw your post here and got excited, until I saw that your recipe calls for whole eggs. Oh well, maybe I will try your recipe anyway. I will just make another thing with the egg whites I got.

18. sweden says:

Hello Chef, can i use syrup instead of brown sugar?i will going to make coconut macaroons this weekend.. by the way i tried to made empanada..im so happy, it turns out really good..my husband like it..thanks a lot :)

19. cynthia bouchard says:

Hi! kuya,
    I made this macaroon already, they are sooo delicious. My only concern is the bottom of the pan is supposed to be that greasy? Can I use just 1/2 cup butter? or it’s required to used the whole 1 cup of butter?Thanks po!

20. Hi Vanjito,
    I just made these and they tasted so good, even my picky husband liked it (he does not even particularly like coconut). I do find it too greasy, though, like cynthia’s concern, so maybe next time I will use less butter, or will experiment with no butter, and maybe also use some flour to kinda trap the excess grease.
    Thanks for a starting point!

21. pati FIL ko nagustuhan to! Thanks uli!

22. Gladys says:

i made this yesterday my 3 boys love it (including my hubby)…. and they ask me to put 2 macaroons in there lunch box……….

thanks for sharing

i’ve told my pilipina friends about ‘ur site so….expect more viewers!

Gladys
    AUSTRALIA

23. Carrie says:

Hi Thanks for the recipe. I served it one time to the filipino community here in Brisbane and they love it. I also brought some in the office and gave it to my bosses, they liked it so much.

24. cutie, your oven temperature settings must be in Celsius. We need to convert 400 degrees Fahrenheit to Celsius. You should set it to 204 Celsius.

25. Abby C. says:

Hello po. How much po ang equivalent ng 1 cup butter if its still in “solid form”? How many gms./mg. po ba equivalent to 1 cup? Thank po. =)

26. Jemalyn Lafata says:

Thanks sa pagsheshare ng mga recipe kuya! Ang dami kong natutunan. Kakatuwa kasi dami kang mga gamit na meron din ako halos parehong pareho! At mahilig ka palang mamili sa walmart great value e’ Kuya wish ko sa yung recipe ng “puto bumbong” Sobrang miss ko na kasi yun’ tsaka kung san san ako nakakarating dati makahanap lang nun nung nasa pinas pako! Kuya wag ka po sanang magsawa sa pagawa at pagbibigay ng recipe sa madlang pinoy :)

27. tubekajan says:

hello kuya,
    thanks for this website. all the filipino cuisine are almost published and well explained. thanks for your time and effort. you really help people like me that knows nothing but only “prito” but since i found your website i started to learn but not quite though, unless im going that way he hehe.. thanks so much

tubekajan
    london

28. meriam berse says:

good day! ask ko lang po kung puedeng alternative ang margarine instead of butter.thank u very much..godbless and happy new yr

29. meriam berse says:

i already done this! wow! yummmy.my family love it.thanks panlasang pinoy

30. looks do-able! i have all the ingredients in my cupboard yehey!!!

question: what size cupcake paper to use here?
    is it the tart size or cupcake (s, m, l) size? to be more specific, how many oz size paper or inch diameter size to use? how many macaroons does this recipe make?

much thanks. a

31. Hi islun, you may place this in a round pan but there could be a difference in the texture and cooking time need to be increased. I suggest that you bake it in small proportions.

32. Cherry says:

Thank you for sharing us the coconut macaroons.. I tried it today, but it was so greasy.. did you mean 1/2 cup of butter instead of 1 cup? then also, I baked it at 400 degrees and for 30 mins.. some were burnt…

please advise.

thanks.

• Hi cherry, 1 cup of butter works for me but if you feel that it is to greasy then try reducing it to 3/4 cup. As for the oven temp, not all ovens produce the exact heat even if the temp is set on the same level. I suggest that you check the macaroons a few minutes before the recommended time to ensure that they are baked perfectly. Thanks for commenting.

• Janette says:

Same thing happened to my macaroons. I will also reduce the butter and also the temp maybe to 350 degrees and lesser time.

33. apriltrinidad23 says:

ask ko po sana if allowed bang gumamit ng electric hand mixer? instead of fork, manual beater & spatula.

34. Lilian Dutton says:

Hi I’m here in Florida and you’re site help me a lot to cook again specially this macaroons w/c is my favorite . Thanks agains. Keep it up.more power.

35. hi, tnx for dis sharing recipe, i like it nagawa ko na…. simple lng gawin… sana marami pang recipe ang maishare u… marami akong natutunan sa mga recipe u. tnx so much@ godbless!!!!

36. Hi! I made this recipe so many times and my friends love it so much! But I found out that its a little bit sweet. Can I reduce the sweetness or lessen the condensed milk? Thanks in advance!

37. iyhene says:

hi there, is it ok for me to use the electric mixer? or do i really need to use a fork to mix it all up?? would it a difference? and also, is it ok to substitute the butter with marg?
    please adv
    iyhene

38. Quennie says:

hi, i noticed that you’re using a rubber scraper for mixing instead of the beater, is there a special reason for it? cant we use the beater to smooth the mixture faster and use the scraper for cleaning? sorry for being a smart a** but i’m new in baking so, i just want to know….thanks… (by the way i’ve tried your chicken empanada and we love it! more power to you…..)

39. We loved the macaroons, thanks for posting. Suggestion for those who will try. Do no wait for 30 mins, instead start checking after 20 mins in the oven because with brown sugar in the mixture, it gets golden toasty right away.

40. Anne Fish says:

1 cup is equal to 227 grams

41. millet says:

heller..i’m here in KSA. Can I use coconut powder for making macaroons? I can’t find a sweet shredded coconut here. Thanks.

42. mitchie says:

Hello kuya ask ko lang po kung may video na kau on how to make kapampangan tamales…i want to prepare po sana sa pasko thank u po

43. Arianne says:

Hi! How many macaroons can you make with this recipe?

44. thanx 4 sharing this recipe
    pg ganyan mtrabaho ang pglulu2 cgurado maassaaaraaap!!!!
    more power.. God bless U

45. i remember doing this recipe in home economics class in high school – that was over 20 years ago!!! Still do it and love it, everyone else does too! Thanks for sharing

46. hello po kuya pansin ko po hindi kayo gumamit ng flour sa recipe nyo ok lang po ba na gumamit at magdagdag ng flour sa ingredients. thank y ou po kasi mag try ako gumawa para pambenta kasi po……….. more power po………..

47. Kuya Thank you sa recipe!! i love it kaso po yung mini muffin cups dumidikit yung macaroons. should i grease it before i put the mixture? pls advise.

48. lan po servings nito?
    hmm,, ilan pieces and magagawa, base sa ingredients?

49. EVELYN says:

puedi yan, ganyan ang ginagawa ko

50. Mykaela says:

Desiccated Coconut= yung napiga na o yung bagong kayod pa lang..
    sorry for being stupid kasi ngayon pa lang mgttry mggawa sa kusina..
    thanks!!

51. analyn says:

Hello kuya i’ve try to make this by my self turns ok but got one thing i wasn’t so sure is this coconut macaroons suppose to be chewy? coz mine is not :-(

52. can this be baked in an oven toaster? or do you have a recipe of macaroons intended to be baked in an oven toaster? thanks.

53. hello chef.ask ko lang kung 400grams ba tlga para sa desiccated coconut. kasi parang masyado ata marami para sa 14ounces condensed milk 3raw eggsn butter. parang dry txture kalabasan nun .

54. Jocelyn Normann says:

Hello Vanjo, thank you for sharing your delicious recipes. I just want to ask, why did you not use the electric mixer when putting the ingredients together.. just curious. Thanks in advance.

55. lolo ernest says:

sir vanjo, can i use vegetable shortening as substitute for the unsalted butter for the coconut macaroon? thank you and God bless…

56. Tried this recipe, very easy to make. I used white sugar though coz it’s the only thing available but it turned out great as well. I saw some recipes mixed with cake flour, I tried it too, results are great too..maybe it’s used as an extender or something. Thanks for the recipe. Love this your site!!!

57. Mylene says:

Hello po,

natry ko po yung recipe kaya lang mejo dry, desiccated coconut po yung ginamit ko kasi yun lng ang available dito. sinunod ko naman po lahat ng recipe, nung 2nd time kong ginawa dinagdagan ko ng butter saka condense milk pero ganun pa rin.Ano po kayang mali? thanks :)

58. I just literally finished cooking the last batch tonight. I made mine a little sweeter, hehe, so I used 1.5 cups of condensed milk and 1.0 cup of raw sugar! Hehe!!! Thanks for this easy recipe!

59. sheelah says:

My son loved it… and I share my recipe to my husband too .. tsk tsk

60. nessa lara says:

hello!! kailangan po ba talaga condensed milk? ty

61. Johanna says:

Hi, I just tried making this macaroon recipe, I used shredded coconut, just wondering if the amount of the coconut and the condensed milk are really the same (400g) coz my mixture was not runny as you’ve shown in the video.

Thanks in advance and thanks for the recipe.

• Digna says:

thank you so much for sharing this recipe. i used to cook macaroons when i was in the phils.. but i want to try your recipe here in kuwait…
      more power and God bless…

62. Hi!

I made this using the “palanituan” coconut. (Sorry I don’t know what it’s called in tagalog – but it’s not the one we use for getting gata). Pinakudkod ko na lang.
    People love it!!!!
    Next time I’ll try it with a little less butter, 3/4 maybe, because 1 cup is too greasy for me.

I have also tried your Lumpiang Shanghai recipe with the Sweet and Sour Sauce recipe, and they have asked me to make it again.

Your site really helped me a lot. Keep it coming!!!

63. Crissie says:

Hello Panlasang Pinoy!

I tried baking it yesterday, masarap sana kaso dumikit sa paper cups, tapos parang nasobrahan ung pgka chewy.. :( Di ko alam bakit ganun?

• Crissie, can you tell me if you followed the recipe and procedure exactly? I’m quite surprised on the outcome. Also, the temperature is in Fahrenheit, make sure to adjust it to Celsius depending on the oven that you are using. I will appreciate if you can give me more information on why this happened because it is hard to speculate.

64. sarah says:

ilang pieces po ang nagagawa nito?

65. hi.. just want to ask lng if pede ko rin b ibake ang macaroons s turbo broiler if i dont have oven.. if yes ano pong adjustment ang ggwin ko

66. Hey Joelen, good to hear from you again. What’s makin you busy lately?

67. Hi Jenny, good catch. I just updated the list and procedure to reflect it. I owe you one. Thank you

68. You’re welcome Ronald :)

69. Its the whole thing rosalie. Egg white + Egg Yolk.

70. rosalie says:

Hey, just finished making the macaroons and it was so damn good.. :)) Thank you for sharing your recipes. My next move is to make siopao.
    Thanks again.

71. Glad that you loved it rosalie. I hope that you’ll like the siopao too.

72. Please provide the weight of the bar para po masagot ko yung question nyo. Tnx

73. melody, kung wala talagang brown sugar then you can use the white one.

74. Thanks Gladys, I appreciate your effort. Please spread the word :)

75. meriam berse says:

thank you talaga sa pag share ng ideas at ngayon alam ko na how to do this puede ko na pong mging business i can sell it to the school or sa mga tindahan..wow! good