Coconut Macaroon Recipe

Coconut Macaroons are chewy cookie like sweets that makes use of sweet shredded coconut. This dessert is popular here in the United States; it is usually dipped in white chocolate to give it a richer flavor. This macaroon recipe is like no other. It is simple, easy, and delicious.

Coconut Macaroons

Making Coconut Macaroon can never be easier. There only 2 major steps that you will need to do: (1) mix all the ingredients together, and (2) bake them in a conventional oven. Once everything is done, it is time for you to enjoy your homemade Coconut Macaroons.

A sure hit for kids and those pretending to be one, these awesome pieces of sweetness will surely put some smile on your children’s faces.

Try this Coconut Macaroon Recipe and let us know what you think.

Coconut Macaroon Recipe

• 14 ounces (about 400 grams) Sweet Shredded Coconut (or Desecated Coconut)
  • ½ cup butter
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • 3 pieces raw eggs
  • 14 ounces condensed milk
  1. Place the butter in a big bowl and cream using a fork
  2. Add-in the brown sugar and mix well
  3. Add the eggs and condensed milk then stir/beat until all ingredients are blended
  4. Put-in the Sweetened Shredded Coconut and distribute evenly with the other ingredient in the mixture
  5. In a mold (with paper cups if possible), place 1 tablespoon of the mixture on each of the cups
  6. Pre-heat oven at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes
  7. Bake the Coconut Macaroon mixture for 20 to 30 minutes or until color turns golden brown.
  8. Serve during dessert or snack time. Share and Enjoy!

Comments

1. haydee says

hi there, i’ve been waiting and eager to learn these recipe.. one of my favorite desert.thank you so much..GOD BLESS AND MORE POWER

• says

Hi dette, thanks for the comment. If you want the exact gram equivalent of 14 ounces, it would be 396.8933234.

I got it from this conversion:

1 ounce = 28.3495231 grams

I hope that you are enjoying your stay.

2. says

Hi Vanjo!
    Sagutin ko muna si Josie re butter: 1 cup is equivalent to 226.5 grams (if you were in America, that is equivalent to 2 sticks).

On macaroons — I bought a bag of sweetened coconut (7 oz) because I was thinking of what to do with 2 egg whites. The recipe at the back uses 2 egg whites for the coconut macaroons, but being an American recipe, I am not sure if that will give me the taste I love. Then I saw your post here and got excited, until I saw that your recipe calls for whole eggs. Oh well, maybe I will try your recipe anyway. I will just make another thing with the egg whites I got.

3. sweden says

Hello Chef, can i use syrup instead of brown sugar?i will going to make coconut macaroons this weekend.. by the way i tried to made empanada..im so happy, it turns out really good..my husband like it..thanks a lot :)

4. cynthia bouchard says

Hi! kuya,
    I made this macaroon already, they are sooo delicious. My only concern is the bottom of the pan is supposed to be that greasy? Can I use just 1/2 cup butter? or it’s required to used the whole 1 cup of butter?Thanks po!

5. says

Hi Vanjito,
    I just made these and they tasted so good, even my picky husband liked it (he does not even particularly like coconut). I do find it too greasy, though, like cynthia’s concern, so maybe next time I will use less butter, or will experiment with no butter, and maybe also use some flour to kinda trap the excess grease.
    Thanks for a starting point!

6. Gladys says

i made this yesterday my 3 boys love it (including my hubby)…. and they ask me to put 2 macaroons in there lunch box……….

thanks for sharing

i’ve told my pilipina friends about ‘ur site so….expect more viewers!

Gladys
    AUSTRALIA

7. Carrie says

Hi Thanks for the recipe. I served it one time to the filipino community here in Brisbane and they love it. I also brought some in the office and gave it to my bosses, they liked it so much.

8. tubekajan says

hello kuya,
    thanks for this website. all the filipino cuisine are almost published and well explained. thanks for your time and effort. you really help people like me that knows nothing but only “prito” but since i found your website i started to learn but not quite though, unless im going that way he hehe.. thanks so much

tubekajan
    london

9. Anne says

looks do-able! i have all the ingredients in my cupboard yehey!!!

question: what size cupcake paper to use here?
    is it the tart size or cupcake (s, m, l) size? to be more specific, how many oz size paper or inch diameter size to use? how many macaroons does this recipe make?

much thanks. a

10. says

Hi islun, you may place this in a round pan but there could be a difference in the texture and cooking time need to be increased. I suggest that you bake it in small proportions.

11. Cherry says

Thank you for sharing us the coconut macaroons.. I tried it today, but it was so greasy.. did you mean 1/2 cup of butter instead of 1 cup? then also, I baked it at 400 degrees and for 30 mins.. some were burnt…

please advise.

thanks.

• says

Hi cherry, 1 cup of butter works for me but if you feel that it is to greasy then try reducing it to 3/4 cup. As for the oven temp, not all ovens produce the exact heat even if the temp is set on the same level. I suggest that you check the macaroons a few minutes before the recommended time to ensure that they are baked perfectly. Thanks for commenting.

• Janette says

Same thing happened to my macaroons. I will also reduce the butter and also the temp maybe to 350 degrees and lesser time.

12. Lilian Dutton says

Hi I’m here in Florida and you’re site help me a lot to cook again specially this macaroons w/c is my favorite . Thanks agains. Keep it up.more power.

13. Kat says

Hi! I made this recipe so many times and my friends love it so much! But I found out that its a little bit sweet. Can I reduce the sweetness or lessen the condensed milk? Thanks in advance!

14. iyhene says

hi there, is it ok for me to use the electric mixer? or do i really need to use a fork to mix it all up?? would it a difference? and also, is it ok to substitute the butter with marg?
    please adv
    iyhene

15. Quennie says

hi, i noticed that you’re using a rubber scraper for mixing instead of the beater, is there a special reason for it? cant we use the beater to smooth the mixture faster and use the scraper for cleaning? sorry for being a smart a** but i’m new in baking so, i just want to know….thanks… (by the way i’ve tried your chicken empanada and we love it! more power to you…..)

16. VVT says

We loved the macaroons, thanks for posting. Suggestion for those who will try. Do no wait for 30 mins, instead start checking after 20 mins in the oven because with brown sugar in the mixture, it gets golden toasty right away.

17. millet says

heller..i’m here in KSA. Can I use coconut powder for making macaroons? I can’t find a sweet shredded coconut here. Thanks.

18. irene says

i remember doing this recipe in home economics class in high school – that was over 20 years ago!!! Still do it and love it, everyone else does too! Thanks for sharing

19. analyn says

Hello kuya i’ve try to make this by my self turns ok but got one thing i wasn’t so sure is this coconut macaroons suppose to be chewy? coz mine is not :-(

20. jay says

can this be baked in an oven toaster? or do you have a recipe of macaroons intended to be baked in an oven toaster? thanks.

21. Jocelyn Normann says

Hello Vanjo, thank you for sharing your delicious recipes. I just want to ask, why did you not use the electric mixer when putting the ingredients together.. just curious. Thanks in advance.

22. lolo ernest says

sir vanjo, can i use vegetable shortening as substitute for the unsalted butter for the coconut macaroon? thank you and God bless…

23. Kate says

Tried this recipe, very easy to make. I used white sugar though coz it’s the only thing available but it turned out great as well. I saw some recipes mixed with cake flour, I tried it too, results are great too..maybe it’s used as an extender or something. Thanks for the recipe. Love this your site!!!

24. says

I just literally finished cooking the last batch tonight. I made mine a little sweeter, hehe, so I used 1.5 cups of condensed milk and 1.0 cup of raw sugar! Hehe!!! Thanks for this easy recipe!

25. Johanna says

Hi, I just tried making this macaroon recipe, I used shredded coconut, just wondering if the amount of the coconut and the condensed milk are really the same (400g) coz my mixture was not runny as you’ve shown in the video.

Thanks in advance and thanks for the recipe.

• Digna says

thank you so much for sharing this recipe. i used to cook macaroons when i was in the phils.. but i want to try your recipe here in kuwait…
      more power and God bless…

26. Jheng says

Hi, I am one of your follower. I wonder if I can do this without an oven? Do you have any idea where else I can cook it? How about in an oven toaster? Thank you :)

27. abby says

Hi! I’ve been trying a lot if your recipes and it’s really oh-so-good. None of what I tried were put in the fridge. Thanks a lot. I were able to manage to live far away from home

28. amylette says

You may use turbo boiler in baking macaroons…i have tried it years back when i still do not own an oven.i might say i like it better

29. rosalie says

Hey, just finished making the macaroons and it was so damn good.. :)) Thank you for sharing your recipes. My next move is to make siopao.
    Thanks again.