This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I love baking Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies simply because it is so good and quick to make. I enjoy it for breakfast with a glass of milk, and sometimes I eat it for dessert. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies always satisfy my craving. I am sharing this recipe so that you too can experience it for yourself.
I made these medium sized Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies this morning because I was craving for these when I woke-up. It took me about 14 minutes to bake it and another 16 to 20 minutes to let it cool down before I was able to enjoy these. Letting the cookies cool down helps a lot in making the texture crisp and crunchy. A wire rack is useful in this situation because it lets the cookie cool down quickly by exposing all of its side.
I had a couple of cookies along with a glass of whole milk. It is always a good idea to start your day with a full stomach, and that is what I did today. I kept the remaining cookies in the cookie jar, but they were all gone when I came back home after work. I guess that I need to bake an extra batch of cookies soon.
The recipe for these delicious Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies is available below. Please follow the exact recipe to achieve good results. You can try to experiment by changing the measurements of some ingredients or using alternative ingredients. Let me know what you did and how it went by placing a comment below.
Try this Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cup quick 1-minute oats
- 3/4 cup sliced almond
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, light brown and white sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Gradually add the flour and oats. Make sure that all the ingredients are well blended.
- Fold-in the chocolate chips and almond.
- Put a parchment paper over a baking tray. Scoop around 1/4 cup of cookie dough (the mixture that you mixed above) and drop it in over the parchment paper and make sure to make a 2 inch distance between each dough.
- Bake in the oven for 13 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and arrange in a cooling rack. Let the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies stay in the rack until it totally cools down.
- Serve with milk. Share and enjoy!