Coconut Macaroon Recipe

Coconut Macaroons are chewy cookie like sweets that makes use of sweet shredded coconut. This dessert is popular here in the United States; it is usually dipped in white chocolate to give it a richer flavor. This macaroon recipe is like no other. It is simple, easy, and delicious.

Making Coconut Macaroon can never be easier. There only 2 major steps that you will need to do: (1) mix all the ingredients together, and (2) bake them in a conventional oven. Once everything is done, it is time for you to enjoy your homemade Coconut Macaroons.

A sure hit for kids and those pretending to be one, these awesome pieces of sweetness will surely put some smile on your children’s faces.

Try this Coconut Macaroon Recipe and let us know what you think.

Coconut Macaroons

Macaroon Recipe

• 14 ounces (about 400 grams) Sweet Shredded Coconut (or Desecated Coconut)
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 3 pieces raw eggs
  • 14 ounces condensed milk

1. Place the butter in a big bowl and cream using a fork
  2. Add-in the brown sugar and mix well
  3. Add the eggs and condensed milk then stir/beat until all ingredients are blended
  4. Put-in the Sweetened Shredded Coconut and distribute evenly with the other ingredient in the mixture
  5. In a mold (with paper cups if possible), place 1 tablespoon of the mixture on each of the cups
  6. Pre-heat oven at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes
  7. Bake the Coconut Macaroon mixture for 20 to 30 minutes or until color turns golden brown.
  8. Serve during dessert or snack time. Share and Enjoy!

Comments

1. nessa lara says:

hello!! kailangan po ba talaga condensed milk? ty

2. sheelah says:

My son loved it… and I share my recipe to my husband too .. tsk tsk

3. I just literally finished cooking the last batch tonight. I made mine a little sweeter, hehe, so I used 1.5 cups of condensed milk and 1.0 cup of raw sugar! Hehe!!! Thanks for this easy recipe!

4. Hello po,

natry ko po yung recipe kaya lang mejo dry, desiccated coconut po yung ginamit ko kasi yun lng ang available dito. sinunod ko naman po lahat ng recipe, nung 2nd time kong ginawa dinagdagan ko ng butter saka condense milk pero ganun pa rin.Ano po kayang mali? thanks :)

5. Tried this recipe, very easy to make. I used white sugar though coz it’s the only thing available but it turned out great as well. I saw some recipes mixed with cake flour, I tried it too, results are great too..maybe it’s used as an extender or something. Thanks for the recipe. Love this your site!!!

6. lolo ernest says:

sir vanjo, can i use vegetable shortening as substitute for the unsalted butter for the coconut macaroon? thank you and God bless…

7. Jocelyn Normann says:

Hello Vanjo, thank you for sharing your delicious recipes. I just want to ask, why did you not use the electric mixer when putting the ingredients together.. just curious. Thanks in advance.

8. hello chef.ask ko lang kung 400grams ba tlga para sa desiccated coconut. kasi parang masyado ata marami para sa 14ounces condensed milk 3raw eggsn butter. parang dry txture kalabasan nun .

9. can this be baked in an oven toaster? or do you have a recipe of macaroons intended to be baked in an oven toaster? thanks.

10. Hello kuya i’ve try to make this by my self turns ok but got one thing i wasn’t so sure is this coconut macaroons suppose to be chewy? coz mine is not :-(

11. Desiccated Coconut= yung napiga na o yung bagong kayod pa lang..
    sorry for being stupid kasi ngayon pa lang mgttry mggawa sa kusina..
    thanks!!

12. puedi yan, ganyan ang ginagawa ko

13. lan po servings nito?
    hmm,, ilan pieces and magagawa, base sa ingredients?

14. Kuya Thank you sa recipe!! i love it kaso po yung mini muffin cups dumidikit yung macaroons. should i grease it before i put the mixture? pls advise.

15. hello po kuya pansin ko po hindi kayo gumamit ng flour sa recipe nyo ok lang po ba na gumamit at magdagdag ng flour sa ingredients. thank y ou po kasi mag try ako gumawa para pambenta kasi po……….. more power po………..

16. i remember doing this recipe in home economics class in high school – that was over 20 years ago!!! Still do it and love it, everyone else does too! Thanks for sharing

17. thanx 4 sharing this recipe
    pg ganyan mtrabaho ang pglulu2 cgurado maassaaaraaap!!!!
    more power.. God bless U

18. Arianne says:

Hi! How many macaroons can you make with this recipe?

19. Hello kuya ask ko lang po kung may video na kau on how to make kapampangan tamales…i want to prepare po sana sa pasko thank u po

20. heller..i’m here in KSA. Can I use coconut powder for making macaroons? I can’t find a sweet shredded coconut here. Thanks.

21. Anne Fish says:

1 cup is equal to 227 grams

22. We loved the macaroons, thanks for posting. Suggestion for those who will try. Do no wait for 30 mins, instead start checking after 20 mins in the oven because with brown sugar in the mixture, it gets golden toasty right away.

23. Quennie says:

hi, i noticed that you’re using a rubber scraper for mixing instead of the beater, is there a special reason for it? cant we use the beater to smooth the mixture faster and use the scraper for cleaning? sorry for being a smart a** but i’m new in baking so, i just want to know….thanks… (by the way i’ve tried your chicken empanada and we love it! more power to you…..)

24. hi there, is it ok for me to use the electric mixer? or do i really need to use a fork to mix it all up?? would it a difference? and also, is it ok to substitute the butter with marg?
    please adv
    iyhene

25. Hi! I made this recipe so many times and my friends love it so much! But I found out that its a little bit sweet. Can I reduce the sweetness or lessen the condensed milk? Thanks in advance!

26. hi, tnx for dis sharing recipe, i like it nagawa ko na…. simple lng gawin… sana marami pang recipe ang maishare u… marami akong natutunan sa mga recipe u. tnx so much@ godbless!!!!

27. Lilian Dutton says:

Hi I’m here in Florida and you’re site help me a lot to cook again specially this macaroons w/c is my favorite . Thanks agains. Keep it up.more power.

28. apriltrinidad23 says:

ask ko po sana if allowed bang gumamit ng electric hand mixer? instead of fork, manual beater & spatula.

29. Thank you for sharing us the coconut macaroons.. I tried it today, but it was so greasy.. did you mean 1/2 cup of butter instead of 1 cup? then also, I baked it at 400 degrees and for 30 mins.. some were burnt…

please advise.

thanks.

• Hi cherry, 1 cup of butter works for me but if you feel that it is to greasy then try reducing it to 3/4 cup. As for the oven temp, not all ovens produce the exact heat even if the temp is set on the same level. I suggest that you check the macaroons a few minutes before the recommended time to ensure that they are baked perfectly. Thanks for commenting.

• Janette says:

Same thing happened to my macaroons. I will also reduce the butter and also the temp maybe to 350 degrees and lesser time.

30. Hi islun, you may place this in a round pan but there could be a difference in the texture and cooking time need to be increased. I suggest that you bake it in small proportions.