Braised Vegetables or wet-roasted vegetables is a vegetarian dish composed basically of mushrooms, bamboo shoots,young corn, snow peas, and carrots. This is a perfect dish for health conscious individuals and people who are on a diet.
Braised Vegetables is a low fat and low calorie recipe. It is time for you to eat a decent meal without feeling guilty about it. You can enjoy this with brown rice, white rice, or simply as it is. If eating with bread, this can even make a good vegetable sandwich.
This Braised Vegetable Recipe could be the quickest braised dish that you will ever make. Since the ingredients that we are using are soft, the cooking time needed is short. If in case you prefer a different method of cooking, try making vegetable stir fry. Use the same ingredients and stir-fry them in a wok of frying pan.
Try this delicious Braised Vegetables Recipe and let me know what you think.
- ½ lb. snow peas
- 2 cups bamboo shoots, thinly sliced
- ½ lb. young corn
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2½ cups white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Blanch the snow peas then set aside
- In a pan, sauté the garlic and onions
- Add the ground black pepper then cook until the onions are soft
- Put in the soy sauce and oyster sauce then mix slightly
- Add the carrots then cook for 2 minutes
- Put-in the young corn and bamboo shoots then simmer for 3 minutes
- Add the mushrooms then simmer for 5 to 7 minutes
- Add salt and brown sugar to taste
- Put-in the blanched snow peas
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
Watch the cooking video: